What's new

Consistency would be nice...

tr1age

Administrator
Staff member
When a celebrity launched an online war demanding that President Obama produce his birth certificate, did you get upset? Did you say that this celebrity should STFU and stick to entertaining? No? Ok…

So now that the tables have turned and the aforementioned celebrity is going to be the president, why are you so upset that celebrities are talking about him?!

Everyone can feel free to agree or disagree with what Meryl Streep said, but this whole “Celebrities need to shut up and stop talking about politics” thing is just hypocritical unless you say it across the board. Should Scott Baio shut up? Clint Eastwood? Should that host of the Celebrity Apprentice have shut up when he was bashing Obama? If your answer is no to those three people (especially that last one), then why are you pissed about Meryl?

I don’t give a shit if you’re Republican, Democrat, Independent, whatever … my criticism or praise of a certain action is always consistent. I’ve been critical of Trump, Clinton, Obama, Romney, whoever, when they’ve done something I disagree with. I don’t just blindly side with a political party. It’s pretty clear that people that think this way are in the minority. And that’s sad.

Again, I’m not telling you what to think, but all I ask is for some consistency, people. Thank you.

P.S. Trump DID mock a disabled reporter. Denying it is so disingenuous, because the mockery was so blatant, so all you’re doing by denying it is empowering your opponents. You want people to move on from it? Then fucking own it: “He mocked that reporter, it was messed up, I’m ashamed of it … but I voted for him in spite of that, because I felt that his overall positions were better than the alternative.” But stop acting as though he didn’t do it. Just … stop.

15966089_10154291570098602_9084067159001890387_n.jpg

“He mocked that reporter, it was messed up, I’m ashamed of it … but I voted for him in spite of that, because I felt that his overall positions were better than the alternative.” But stop acting as though he didn’t do it. Just … stop.

Literally logging in for the first time in ages to confirm something. Are you saying you voted for Trump? Because I would be very disappointed in you if you did.

Literally logging in for the first time in ages to confirm something. Are you saying you voted for Trump? Because I would be very disappointed in you if you did.

Not that my voting affiliation has anything to do with this topic, but no I did not. That last bit was to say OWN UP TO your choice if you did. Own up to the fact that your choice did this and stop trying to say it didn't happen or that the holocaust was fake.

Way to take that snippet out of context lol.

I do believe that actors should stay out of politics. They are often ill-informed on issues and just side with one candidate to virtue signal. That of course goes for both sides.
I have no problem with actors becoming politicians though, as they have just as much right as everybody else.

Top Bottom