What's new

Wildstar Engineer speculation!

Keleynal

Jesus Freak
I'm really excited about the engineer class that was shown briefly at the end of the "leaked" promo vid. If you missed it, here it is-

I have been hoping and praying for a class that's able to tank and has unique mechanics. That looks to fit the bill exactly. Looks like heavy armor to me, and all those robots!! I've never played or even seen a pet class that tanks before, so I'm VERY excited about how the class is going to work.

My only concern is that WS requires a lot of precision movement and positioning. I'm worried that pet-based mechanics may not provide the flexibility needed in a nontraditional boss fight (ie. not straight up tank n spank).

What I'd like to see is the engineer themselves handling the main tanking job, while deploying bots as buffs, debuffs, maybe some damage mitigation/healing, and most importantly, taunting adds. If they had a hunter-like misdirect ability, so much the better.

I can't wait til we get the full class reveal next week!

i heard them mention somewhere using robots to off tank or to tank adds while the engineer took care of the boss. which could be great. maybe the mechanics where you have to switch tanks periodically to reset debuffs or something where the engineer could act as two tanks and tag in and out with his robots. there are defiantly some interesting possibilities. or maybe using pets to tank while you heal... seems like a lot of ways they could make it work. i am defiantly excited to see how it ends up working.

before this class was unveiled I was leaning toward esper or spellslinger, but ever since I first got wind the engineer I get more and more excited about the things I'm hearing reading from different sites. Can't wait to get my hands on this.

before this class was unveiled I was leaning toward esper or spellslinger, but ever since I first got wind the engineer I get more and more excited about the things I'm hearing and reading from different sites. Can't wait to get my hands on this.

Totally. I'm still very interested in Spellslinger as a dps alt, but I'm 99% certain I'll be going Engy for my main.

Top Bottom