What's new

Wildstar Interview with Lead Dungeon Designer Brett Scheinert

Zakis

War Priestess
Summary of important points, courtesy of reddit:
http://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/comments/1qrgqb/interview_with_lead_dungeon_designer_brett/

• There will be 4 dungeons and 6 adventures (another 5 man group type of content). There will be one or the other every 5 levels starting at level 15.
  • It will be theoretically possible to level solely through group content, though it likely won't be the fastest way.
  • If you're over level for a dungeon, it will implement a system called "Rallying" that will scale you down to the appropriate level so you can run lower level content.
  • Optional objectives exist in dungeons and will earn you medals, these vary per run.
  • Dynamic content will alter mini bosses, optional objectives, and the path through the instance on each run.
  • No lock out for 5 mans, run as often as you like.
  • All of the dungeons will have veteran mode, which is a level 50 mode. This is how you'll gear up for raids.
  • There are 2 raids. One 20 man, one 40 man.
  • There will be an attunement process for raids.
  • Elder Gems are the endgame currency (earned from Veteran dungeons) and will let you buy tons of things. There is no badge system.
  • There's a desire on the crafting team to involve the dungeons in crafting progression. No further details now.

I like the idea of Rallying for dungeons. That way when some guild members end up getting to max level faster than others they can still come back and help out others. I'm interested to see if the gear that drops for them will be of their level though.

Rift had a system like this in place. The normal enemy/boss drops were of the level of the dungeon. At the end of the entire dungeon though everyone received a reward for their level.

6 adventures (another 5 man group type of content)
I'm interested to hear more about these "adventures". For me once i hit max dungeons and exploration are on the top of my list of things to do. Crafting is kinda meh for me but we shall see how that turns out in Wildstar

I'm interested to hear more about these "adventures". For me once i hit max dungeons and exploration are on the top of my list of things to do. Crafting is kinda meh for me but we shall see how that turns out in Wildstar

Me and Gyoin can probably do the crafting for you :D

Don't forget me. I'm already doing research on what crafting will take. Right now its pretty interesting, but it will have completionists tearing their hair out.

Don't forget me. I'm already doing research on what crafting will take. Right now its pretty interesting, but it will have completionists tearing their hair out.
There are already slots in the crafting menus for recipes that you get from dungeons. That part is already implemented.

Not trying to forget anyone. I haven´t played enough with all of you to judge what your main goals are (even though I should have known what you are going to do T1G :D)

I enjoy making consumable, so I'll be looking for an alchemy type profession along with a gathering to support it. I typically craft for myself and my guild. I don't usually get a lot of profit from it.

What did they mean by gems being from dungeons and used to buy equipment, but there's no badge system? Isn't that a badge system by another name?

My best guess is that they mean no tiered badge system. I'm guessing gems buy everything?

My best guess is that they mean no tiered badge system. I'm guessing gems buy everything?

Correct...Instead of having to create a new currency for a new tier of gear or something....they have one currency that is used to purchase a bunch of end game things.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Correct...Instead of having to create a new currency for a new tier of gear or something....they have one currency that is used to purchase a bunch of end game things.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Which I'm kind of OK with, as long as the purchased gear is not equivalent to the gear that drops in the raids. Having help getting the gear for starting raids is fine, but I don't like the welfare epics.

Carbine has stated that they will cater to the 1% and not waver from this. This means the best gear will come from the best raids and to the best raiders and the same goes for Warplots.

Carbine has stated that they will cater to the 1% and not waver from this. This means the best gear will come from the best raids and to the best raiders and the same goes for Warplots.

Which is great.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom