What's new

LFG - Magic 2014

Otakebi

So lately I have been playing alot of Magic the gathering 2014: duels of the planes walkers, on steam. I was wondering if anyone else had it and would like to add me and play some games! I highly rate this game, and is a definite pick up if you are interested in the monster card games. The multiplayer is not just 1 vs 1 there is also a 3 way battle, and 2 vs 2.

I have. Add me. My steam info is on my profile as well as on the spread sheet thingy

I used to love playing magic back in my early school days! How is this on computer? Is online play impossible unless you purchase a bunch of packs?
I would love to get back on this, just worried you have to throw cash at it to be at all competitive.

I used to love playing magic back in my early school days! How is this on computer? Is online play impossible unless you purchase a bunch of packs?
I would love to get back on this, just worried you have to throw cash at it to be at all competitive.

For 2013, you bought the core program which had several premade decks. You could then buy expansions with more premade decks and npcs to play against if you wanted to. You could pay to unlock all the cards in the deck early, but there was no need to.

I haven't played 2014 yet, so I don't know if they have the same model or if they allow you to make your own decks from scratch.

you get a core deck in 2014 then as you play through the single player you unlock more decks. As you play with a specific deck you unlock the extra cards in the deck, or you can pay 99 cents to unlock the whole deck of extra cards.

So play and grind out for all the cards/decks or pay to unlock them.

you get a core deck in 2014 then as you play through the single player you unlock more decks. As you play with a specific deck you unlock the extra cards in the deck, or you can pay 99 cents to unlock the whole deck of extra cards.

So play and grind out for all the cards/decks or pay to unlock them.

Yeah, that sounds exactly like 2013. I still need to see if it has an iPad version.

I wonder if this one will actually let you use the Planeswalker cards. 2013 didn't, even though it's right in the title.

well i don't have the game but i do know a program called lackyCCG which is free and lets you play magic from any set so you can decide if you want to play standard modern or any setup you want. you can use it to simulate drafts and build decks and then play people over the web. if anyone is interested i can help you set it up and i would love to play some of you. the interface it has will not be as polished as the games you are playing but it has every magic card ever printed on it and you can play any format you want and it is completely free, all you need is a computer and a internet connection. i highly recommend this over the magic games as you don't need to spend money on virtual cards.

well i don't have the game but i do know a program called lackyCCG which is free and lets you play magic from any set so you can decide if you want to play standard modern or any setup you want. you can use it to simulate drafts and build decks and then play people over the web. if anyone is interested i can help you set it up and i would love to play some of you. the interface it has will not be as polished as the games you are playing but it has every magic card ever printed on it and you can play any format you want and it is completely free, all you need is a computer and a internet connection. i highly recommend this over the magic games as you don't need to spend money on virtual cards.

Is there anything copyright infringement can't do?

I've actually been having Yu-Gi-Oh withdrawals lately. I think I may find a cheap used one to play on my 2DS.

Yeah, that sounds exactly like 2013. I still need to see if it has an iPad version.

I wonder if this one will actually let you use the Planeswalker cards. 2013 didn't, even though it's right in the title.
Yeah, you'd think a game titled duels of the planeswalkers would let you play a planeswalker. Nope. This one doesn't have them.

not that i am aware of, it is built as a simulator to build and test decks and practice drafting. i think it is just small enough that no one cares, and they are only using the images of cards so... also as a side note LackyCCG is just the simulator you can get plugins for any card game really, i just use it for magic.

I want to play some real magic with my own decks. Anyone feel like a trip to cali?

would love to but that is a little far away. however if you use LackyCCG you could recreate your deck and i could recreate mine and we could play... aka Nike just do it!

Hahah looks like you two are sorted!
Subtle ill check this LackyCCG out this weekend, see how it is.
But that Planeswalkers sounds pretty sweet, definitely get into it when my salary arrives!

Yeah planes walkers is really good. I have never played the actual card game so I wouldn't know where to start with that. As for LackyCCG I think I have seen that about but doesn't interest me. Being new to Magic, I don't want to over complicate things too quickly.

Edit: I played some games vs Dainjre the other day and I have its recorded because I was streaming at the time. :D

Yeah planes walkers is really good. I have never played the actual card game so I wouldn't know where to start with that. As for LackyCCG I think I have seen that about but doesn't interest me. Being new to Magic, I don't want to over complicate things too quickly.

Edit: I played some games vs Dainjre the other day and I have its recorded because I was streaming at the time. :D

You didn't tell me you were streaming! Lol. It's okay, I just played through the story one time then a few times against you and another friend of mine and that's it. I was just mostly playing for ideas for the new deck I was wanting to build, which I am in the process of doing right now. With building a deck it's good to get 1 or 2 cards you like either the mechanics or look of, then you just build what you think is good around it. I have a Tribal Rogue deck (black/blue aggro), a green and white aggro deck that changes what it really is every game, my Mirror-mad Maniac deck (alternate win condition) and am putting together my own take on the biovisionary deck like in MTG 2014. I've actually won a fair amount of games with all of them, even my unfinished one which I grabbed some green cards out of my green deck and some cards out of my mirror-mad deck and threw them together with the biovisionarys and ended up winning a game. I'm stoked to get all the actual cards for that deck though, waitin on dat mail.

Top Bottom