Null and Void Rand's Application

Haunted Hermit

What is your Name?

Rand.
What is your Discord Name (name#1111) ?

HauntedHermit#3535

45 years old.

Maine, East Coast time zone.

I have read the rules and the one that resonated most with me is "safe zone". I am disabled and tend to have pretty high playtime, in the past this has led to some derision. I would love to have a community that I can play with without being labeled with derogatory terms.

Yes, I tend to be very active in these games.

My wife just joined today her username is Cosmic!

We found your post on the reddit recruitment forums and it seemed far and away the best fit for us.

Where we live and the current climate of the world has left me a bit isolated. I long for a community that I can share my stories and love of MMOs with. Reading through applications with my wife I saw so many shared experiences that I could empathize with. I feel in many gaming communities today other players have just become a means to an end, it was very refreshing to see people actually wanting to get to know each other.

I would have to say it was probably when I got my koala pad for my Commodore 64. Being able to draw on the TV seemed so fantastical back then.

My first console was the Sears Roebuck Pong. It was really the Atari 2600 that drew me in though. I remember going over to my Uncle's to play Demon Attack until he surprised us at Christmas and gave me his 2600, coolest uncle ever.

I tend to really have one main game especially when it comes to MMOs, I do however play some Hearthstone battlegrounds on the side now and then. I am always open to trying new games though!

I tend to play both PVE and PVP with perhaps a slight nod towards the PVE side of things these days. That said we haven't been this excited for a new MMO in quite some time and have taken this week off to enjoy the new MMO launch magic.

In my younger days I worked for an arcade chain on the East Coast (Dream Machine) and we would all game together after work. Back in these days gaming wasn't as mainstream and they became my second family where we could talk openly about our passion for gaming without fear of having our lunch money stolen. Most of them have stopped gaming as we have gotten older leaving me a bit of a man without a tribe.

I have been fortunate enough to have been in the right place at the right time frequently in my gaming history and as such have some really interesting stories (at least I like to think so!) to share with the community. I also tend to have high playtime so I am usually always available to lend a hand!

I am a classically trained hermit that lives with my wife and 2 Corgis (Finn & Newton) in a tiny house on a beautiful pond in Maine. I am a lifelong gamer that has really found my home in MMOs. Ultima Online (Atlantic) was where I started and have tried just about every other MMO to some extent. The main ones I have played are Everquest, Warhammer Online, Ultima, GW2, WOW, and Age of Conan. Other than gaming I love nature and since the pandemic have gotten back into fitness and have lost 125+ pounds in the last year and a half. I suffer from cPTSD and can sometimes be a bit of a junkyard dog at times, meaning it can be hard to earn my trust at first, but those who do find a friend for life. Thanks for taking the time to read all of this and I hope we can get to know each other better soon.

I am disabled and tend to have pretty high playtime,
Not a worry in the world! We are here to make your stay as comfortable as the rest!

Yes, I tend to be very active in these games.
Remember games come and go, communities are forever! :)

Sears Roebuck Pong.
NOICE!

Hearthstone battlegrounds on the side now and then.
I wish I could get into that again it was fun before too many cards got overwhelming for me. I do like MOBAS though :)

Being able to draw on the TV seemed so fantastical back then.
Why did they stop that! I wanna draw on my TV again!

In my younger days I worked for an arcade chain on the East Coast (Dream Machine) and we would all game together after work. Back in these days gaming wasn't as mainstream and they became my second family where we could talk openly about our passion for gaming without fear of having our lunch money stolen. Most of them have stopped gaming as we have gotten older leaving me a bit of a man without a tribe.
I am gonna share an personal moment from last night, I was walking around my block to get some air and thinking, Wow... the community at Crafting Worlds is growing so nicely. It feels like making friends back in school. I always thought, man it is impossible to make friends when we are older, but turns out, with common ambitions, hobbies, and the right structure (in this case, a giant middle finger to forums being dead), you can easily make friends again, because there are many many people just like us wanting the same thing! SO WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY!

I have been fortunate enough to have been in the right place at the right time frequently in my gaming history and as such have some really interesting stories (at least I like to think so!) to share with the community
Ooooo examples? Hints? Spoilers?

2 Corgis (Finn & Newton)
We will need photos

tiny house
Also need photos

Ultima Online (Atlantic)
Napa for me and I run a server called http://uoalive.com

Age of Conan
ONE OF THE MOST UNDERRATE GAMES OF THE CENTURY. Bear shaman was one of the best healing mechanics I have ever played. SO MUCH FUN!!! A game ahead of its time.

junkyard dog at times, meaning it can be hard to earn my trust at first, but those who do find a friend for life.
I will not walk you..

My wife just joined today her username is Cosmic!
OH HER.. Ok fine.. jk love you both! APPROVED!!

Top Bottom