TAB TEAMWORK #overwatch #beta

tr1age

Administrator
Staff member
With Simpwn and Gyoin

Use this thread to post team games!

Three winstons

UPDATES:

Me and BRUCE DOMINATE on DEFENSE AND OFFENSE.

Last edited:
Hey TABs, how would you rate Winston regarding his utility also concerning his ult? Some say he is just a worse Reinhardt.

We had a lot of fun as 3 winstons on attack. It worked out well with the healing we had. He is much more mobile than the other tanks. When you need a tank to get back into the battle quickly then he is your guy. His damage is definitely on the lower end and I'd like to see a buff to his shield. Since it's stationary you are kind of locked down to one area but the guy is meant to be mobile.

His weapon is also a bit funky too though. It's an arc'd chain lightning that doesn't seem to always hit even when aiming since it's barely a mid-range. And I believe his melee only does 50 damage, which is the exact same as every other character yet is built around getting people in melee range.

If they are to build other game modes that focus more around smaller point controls, he'll be a bigger force than he is now.

I think his weapon needs to be adjusted. I wouldn't mind seeing the range reduced but make it an auto lock on so as long as he is close to you firing he is hitting you.

I think his weapon needs to be adjusted. I wouldn't mind seeing the range reduced but make it an auto lock on so as long as he is close to you firing he is hitting you.

True. Originally I was thinking about getting his melee more pronounced and do more damage since, y'know, his ult is kinda based around it.

I still can't figure out his ult. It makes him super resistant to damage and you only have melee attacks that basically fling people across the map. Again you are meant to get up close to them to use your attacks and then you just push everyone back from you. It feels more like a utility ult where you are meant to just keep everyone off a payload or point by pushing them back without actually killing them.

Now that I think about it Roadhog is the only tank with an offensive ult. The other 3 tanks all have utility ults.

Well, Reinhardts could be deemed offensive since it's a shockwave knockdown (and does a hefty amount of damage with it).

But WInston's leap is also heavily reduced cooldown while ulting, so you can knock back someone, charge then, knock them again, and chase shortly after again. But yeah, it's better with a point defensively to knock them around en masse instead of aiming for kills.

I didn't get a good look at the health pools if they increase, or if he just negates damage.

Thanks for the insight. Some of you may still know a game called Tribes 2 and I used to play Light Offense which was all about disrupting the opposing team, so I figured his ult goes in the same direction. As Gyoin said it wouldn't hurt if he could also dish out some damage at the same time.

I played Tribes Ascend for a little bit, but alas that is my only exposure to the Tribes series...

Tribes 2 in the begining was an awesome game but the teams required also kept the game small compared to the likes of CS etc. organising a 12 man team where more than fragging is needed makes it way more compliacted as well. I tried Tribes Ascend only briefly but it never seemed as good to me as T2 eventhough it was fun for a short period of time.

Anyhow, Winston looks to be fun and I like the more dynamic charater compared to Reinhardt.

Btw. can Hanzo climb to all the places that for example Widowmaker can reach with her hook?

Btw. can Hanzo climb to all the places that for example Widowmaker can reach with her hook?

I've been meaning to do a series for Widow/Hanzo/Pharah of places they can and can't reach, but I've been too busy playing to do research XD

I think we should replace all these "I killed him" shoutouts, with "He/She is down". Its important for people to know if an enemy hero is down, but as Blizzard designed this game around the whole notion of teamwork and eliminations instead of final blows, lets keep that spirit in tact when we play. You'll still get your praise for eliminating a hero but by removing the 'I' , you'll also recognise that 9/10 times a teammate helped you in one way or another. I just think this is how you make and retain great teams and teamwork.

This is just my own little opinion on the matter

But besides that, you guys had a couple good games there. Starting to see some teamwork happening with some wombo combos which is awesome!

We aren't really playing super team work at the moment NeverSayNo Panda . If this were competitive we would call out the exact character we killed and location. Comms would be very quiet for the rest of the time.

But right now we are riding on the high of getting kills and enjoying getting the hang of it. So for now I say a little boasting is healthy and normal :)

You're completely right, I think I was getting too caught up in the future of the game with a little sprinkle of my pet peeve hahah.. You go kill dem fools and peacock until the sun goes down Tristan :dancepengu: <3

You're completely right, I think I was getting too caught up in the future of the game with a little sprinkle of my pet peeve hahah.. You go kill dem fools and peacock until the sun goes down Tristan :dancepengu: <3
Oh I get it. I did it a lot where I was like behind you or I got Em and I realized sim and Bruce had no idea what the hell I was saying lol. But then again half the time since I'm new I am over whelmed by what j am doing and don't know what I'm doing either yet aha.

We will get oiled up team wise. Don't you worry. And we will also play for funzies!

UPDATED THE MAIN POST TO HAVE ALL OF THE VIDEOS IN THIS THREAD AND TWO MORE FROM TONIGHT.

NeverSayNo Panda you will enjoy the new videos with Bruce as the chain guy and me as mercy.

Top Bottom