What's new

The Roaming Agressor Style in Rocket League

tr1age

Administrator
Staff member
So Rocket League jumping and flying is not my thing I am actually really terrible. But I love the game, the sounds, and playing with everyone. But I hate sucking. Well I witnessed an agressor tactic in a game and decided to give it a shot. Wow I am having so much more fun now and it actually helps the team.

I pretty much grab as many boosters as possible and keep using my boost the entire match non stop. It takes away boosts from the other team and it allows me to smash others too. I am very good at aiming at cars and predicting, rather than hitting that ball, but this also tends to line me up for straigher shots and th ability to do the simpler moves that set the ball up for the shot. Very cool play style. Thanks for encouraging it guys!

Apologize for no in game sound fyi had no idea.

Here are the games with me Gyoin and Hero

FIRST LEARNING

BEST GAME

Our best team goal, and wait for the play right after.

My only minor critiques that may help tr1age ! I've seen you drive in circles a number of times to turn around. Consider a hard drift to whips your car around faster and then use a boost to get back on your path faster. That will help you getting back into positions faster (like, 3+ seconds faster).

Also, don't be afraid to just tap the boosts a little bit to get higher speeds! After using your boost for about a 30 gauge, you'll notice the streamlines that occur. That is a indication of two things

1. You're at Max Speed
2. You'll get demolitions

That way you don't have to drain your full 100 boost gauge in one spurt and will help you keep momentum, while still keeping a boost gauge.

And if you're out of boost and need to get somewhere faster, front flip! When you jump once, that's how you get height if you want it. But, you can second jump in one of five directions.

1. Neutral - To gain greater height
2. Hold Forward - Front Flip (slight speed boost)
3. Hold Back - Backflip to reduce forward momentum, OR increase reverse speeds (since you can't boost backwards)
4. Hold Right - Barrel Roll to the right (if you are aiming for a ball and slightly off)
5. Hold Left - Barrel Roll to the left

Also, if you want to try more aerials, you can turn your car while in the air with the joystick alone, but if you hold down the Square (or X on xbox controllers) you can spin your car. This also helps if you get knocked in the air and will help you land on your wheels or, get fancy, and grip the walls properly.

Last edited:
If you hit max speed do you have to still use boosters to maintain it?

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk

Love the videos - we need to play again. The evolution of us playing together was evident from start to finish.

Also don't forget what we told you at the end. Jump-flipping forward or backward three times will get you to top speed. Great way to get back on defense.

Yeah we def started to gel together at the end which was awesome!

Top Bottom