What's new

I call it Endurance Healing.....you fucking twat.

Typhor

HERE'S A NEW CONCEPT FOR YOU, YOU FUCK:

IF YOU SHOW ME 100 PEOPLE WHO SHARE YOUR IDIOTIC BELIEF, I WILL SHOW YOU 101 PEOPLE WHO ARE FUCKING STUPID.

I don't care in the slightest that "this is how shit has been done for multiple expansions." If you run out of mana half way through the fucking boss fight, you are a fucking twat. If you are "number one healzzzz lolololol top HPS kekekekekek" but your overhealing numbers are double mine, you are an idiot, and HERE'S WHY:

Scenario 1: We are fighting a boss: you are healing the raid like the fucking professional that you AREN'T, and I am standing in the corner of the room, out of range of everyone, spam healing myself with my fastest, hardest heals. AND I MEAN GOING BALLS TO THE FUCKING WALL. HPS is like 35k, top the healing meters.

Guess what my overhealing numbers look like..... 100% OF MY HEALING WAS USELESS AS FUCK.

My net healing was functionally ZERO.

New scenario: I renew everyone in the raid throughout the whole fight and spam circle of healing like the retard YOU are. My numbers look great! I am out of mana and useless at the last 20% which is the main portion of the whole fucking fight. We wipe..... IT'S MY FUCKING FAULT CAUSE I WAS A NUMBER SEEKING WHORE.

I call my way of healing Endurance Healing.

It strives to have the lowest overhealing numbers, the most amount of mana possible throughout the fight, and the highest net healing possible.

I do this by not being baited into healing cosmetic damage, that's damage that people take that is not indicative of imminent danger requiring massive wastes of mana. Does this hurt my "TOPLOLNUMBERONEKEEKEKEK" numbers? Nope, cause I have mana when you don't. I am alive when you are dead. I am healing the tank to fucking victory while you are screaming for mana.

I am waiting for the moment that you learn this lesson yourself, then attempt to teach it to me, when I will shit kick you back down to the second place healer that you repeatedly are.

Not sure where this is coming from, but many new or inexperienced healers get so caught up in the healer parses and fail to realize the more important thing: if your people die your HPS doesn't mean anything.

Nice rant, btw

If it's always the healers fault, and there are two healers, which healer is at fault? Its obviously the one lower on the meter. Kappa.

"number one healzzzz lolololol top HPS kekekekekek"
Me in Zul Gurub:"number one healzzzz lolololol top HPS kekekekekek"
Somebody else:"Well you must have a high overheal"
Me:"10% Overheal, Bitches. Least overheal in the entire Raid"

One reason I fucking love disc right now. I tend to be second one overall healing meters of four healers, the top being a resto druid. He'll have 20+% overheal and I'll cap out at about 5% overheal. We both have nearly infinite mana though, both carrying the other healers one the last 5% of imperator last night.

Healers don't stack spirit enough for endurance fights and don't know how to manage their mama. It's depressing. Thinking back in the day when we down ranked our heals, they give us two options now of "fast, expensive heal" and "slow, cheap heal". Not enough people use their cheap heals correctly.

I used to play Druid like a champ in the olden days of yore.

Was relatively simple with hots and down-rank healing. Use the lower ranks to keep things topped up
Always keep hots on important people because that tick can save others from panicking even if it is over-heal most of the time.
When bad phases come in, let the spam happy morons do their thing and just cast that long deep amazing heal no other Druid uses.
If the cast is at 90% and the spammers kept the HP up then jump, & recast; don't waste the mana.

Doing that I would give my innervate to other priests and destroy them on the meters while they just had over-heal even with their pathetic numbers to begin with.
Such fun being a good healer.

As healing changed over the years I still liked it, but that super deep heal you could only cast a few times was AMAZING if used properly.
I really wish that healers had more variety to them, because although WoW is 10 years out of vanilla, playing the healing classes seems so very vanilla.

This takes me back to my discipline priest healing days in BC and WotLK. It was almost entirely based on damage mitigation and single target healing, so I was never near the top of the charts. I really wanted there to be some kind of mitigated damage metric, but alas. I'm OK with being the unsung hero, though. The glory hounds all went pally heals.

Disc priests look great on meters mostly because healing and absorbs are combined in the healing meters tab, instead of correctly being seen as two separate metrics. There is no such things as "Over-Absorb" so when you power word shield someone for 50k, you get 50k added to your healing meter numbers, but 0 added to your overhealing meters. Since power word shield is a 25k minimum "instant heal" according tot he meters, it is the best spammed ability since it will always look like you healed people instantly for 25k a million times in the fight and it will never show that you overhealed anyone. Also, every disc priest always has power word shield as their number one ability, rightfully so.

I don't look at disc priest overheals at all, mostly cause we use two holy priests cause the other one gave up trying to compete with me as disc. If it were up to me, the disc priest would be the person we kept in the raid but never thought of as a healer, meter wise. They would look amazing on the absorb metric, but never really get high on the healing metric. They are AMAZING assets to raids, but they are wasted being seen as a healer in the traditional sense.

Druids are the king of small dmg healing. Especially when that small damage just sits there not getting made bigger. That is why they have the top overheals, they can manage multiple people's small dmg slowly. If i circle of heal, I insta heal that small dmg and they tick their small hots into overhealing.

When cosmetic dmg goes out, let the druids slowly regenerate the raid back while the holy priests focus on burst damage to the tank.

I reject your reality Typhor and want to post logs of our heroic Imperator kill last nght.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/gxmcc5sqal8p4fqj/analyze/hd/source/?s=999&e=1802

The fact is, with all of the damage going out constantly, the shields very rarely wear off without the full absorption being mitigated. I would seriously bet that my shields are wasted no more than 5% of the time in a fight like this, and that is a gross over estimation. There is always damage to mitigate, be it branded, tanks, novas, adds, fixates, etc, the damage is always there. Knowing who to shield when is more efficient than just mass spamming for meters. I'm typically spamming because "I know all of these people will be taking damage". Also, for my 20% healing on every shield, that does go towards overheals if they are already capped. Something else to consider. Scratch that, apparently it doesn't proc if the person is capped at health. The more you know!

But still, I rock, and haters gonna hate. my meters look great and feels great because I help make the kills happen.

Note: LOOK AT THAT ADDED DAMAGE I BROUGHT TO THE RAID. Oh yeah, 1.7 mill.

2nd note: Meatdagger is Mr.Boston

Don't read "absorbs are useless" in what I wrote. Don't feel the need to defend yourself, or disc priests, after reading what i wrote. My point is purely numerical.

Imperator is a constant raid dmg fight where absorbs, which are ALWAYS useful, are useful. Disc priests are unique healers that shouldnt be measured by the same metrics as everyone else. I uncheck the button "merge healing with absorbs" on my recount, because it is not the same. Some fights make them similar, in that if u stop 20k points of dmg, it is functionally dmg healed.
Every raid needs a disc priest to mitigate dmg, but I wouldn't measure them in the same way as any other healer.Hell, I wouldn't measure them at all. I would just keep one with us at all times and never question their awesomeness. You arre that disc priest for your guild,a nd showing me healing meters doesnt say anything about you compared to any other healer.

If I had a heal that could crit almost 100k that I could use instantly, every 8 seconds, effectively spamming, it would be nerfed as overpowerd. Powerword shield isn't thought of in that way, EXCEPT for in meters, which merge absorbs and healing.

Your log shows that power work shield is 48% of your healing.[DOUBLEPOST=1422034811,1422033905][/DOUBLEPOST]Basically: the judge of a good disc priest isn't based on any meter. If you have two, then the one with the most absorbs and side healing is the better. But I would never compare a disc priest to any other healer based on healing meters.

You guys killing heroic margok was most likely possible becasuse you were there to mitigate a lot of dmg. I didn't come to that conclusion because you linked your meters, though.

If I had a heal that could crit almost 100k

RIP 6 digit crits :( I only crit about 85k tops right now with 671 gear. My mastery is a bit low though, but that 15% nerf was huge.

And I was merely looking for a way to stretch the ol' epeen into "disc is amazing, thus I am amazing". XD

haha, I feel ya. Grats on the Imp kill. My guild has a long way to go..... sadly.

My multistrike is crazy atm.

haha, I feel ya. Grats on the Imp kill. My guild has a long way to go..... sadly.

My multistrike is crazy atm.

Yeah, I grabbed 3 pieces off him (bonus trinket + staff/chest). whore'd it up a bit since only 3 pieces dropped. I'm not optimized as much as I want, I have too much haste/multi for a disc priest, but that raw int value I have is... dizzamn. I'm also running a pure crit/multi neck and one trinket with no spirit, but I have the 670 winged hourglass which proc's covers the difference. I've always switched to shadowfiend for mana regen over the free flashs / Solace. Solace does yield a higher overall mana regen, but only if you cast it consistently every 10 seconds, where the once a minute fiend gives you a large chunk (and saves you 5 GCD's a minute when comparing 6 solace to 1 fiend).

But yeah, my current set. I JUST got the weapon, but it'll have shadowmoon on it tonight for another spirit proc.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/onyxia/Gyoin/simple

Edit: Wow. I have a fuckton of Multi. Maybe I should just go holy. And don't mind that 695 ring, dropped 32k on the BMAH for an unclaimed and that's what came out. Got mad lucky with a Blackrock Mythic piece 3 months prior to it's launch.

Top Bottom