What's new

Road Bullies

Passage

Polychromatic
When I drive my Jeep, I never get honked at.
529055_10150956826863031_1301959224_n.jpg

When I drive my girlfriends car, I always get honked at.
2008_toyota_yaris_2dr-hatchback_base_fq_oem_2_500.jpg

(Not her actual car.)

I drive no differently in either, except maybe a bit slower in the Jeep because I have a short 1st gear (5-spd). I also get cutoff more often in the smaller car, especially by bigger vehicles (and even other Jeeps).

It really just feels like some road bullying going on. Irks me to no end.

That is all.

I drive like a monster.... That being said I'm not an asshole about it. Plus I look pretty sweet in my Mazda3.

I only honk when

1. I had to maneuver around your idiotic driving choice (sudden stopping or turn without a signal)
2. You cut me off and make me reduce my speed

I flip the bird when the above occurs, but additionally when honked at and I'm not in the wrong.

I had to honk the other day cause I was waiting for a parking spot and someone almost backed into me. Id have been so pissed.

I'm trying really hard to learn a more ZEN way of driving, I get pissed really easily. But to be completely honest most people here drive like they own the place and there are no laws so... (not as bad as INDIA bad) there are lots of asshats around.

Ahh yes honking. I rarely honk, I´m more of a headlight flasher (that´s what google translate gives me, don´t blame me).

We have some cities where you rarely hear somebody honk (Ulm) but other cities where they honk all the time to say hi (Krumbach, Senden). This is one of my most favorite things about German traffic: It´s pretty silent.

I only honk to express extreme displeasure at another driver or when I'm trying to get a small animal or child out of the way. And also to speed up traffic lights.

Top Bottom