What's new

Snow Removal

Simpwn

Praise the Sun!
I've had it with snow removal. I really don't know why I suffer through this 3+ months of a year. I live in a place where I need to park on the street so every inch of space is precious to me. Whenever it snows I need to dig my spot out. As the season goes on there is less and less places to put said snow when I need to remove it.

It's always a gamble when I leave the house to see if my spot will be there when I get home. Random people feel like they can take it even though they don't live right out in front of my house. I've put garbage pails and stuff there to hold it, but that doesn't always work.

I read this article today and it really set me off. I feel like this is a just response to this type of situtation.
Article: http://www.boston.com/news/weather/...A5Ab5RXk6sYyRupI/story.html?p1=feature_sec_hp
TL;DR: Guy digs out spot. Someone else takes spot within 24 hours. Guy replaces snow back onto spot where car now sits because he did all the work, buring the other guys car.

I can't wait to move someplace warm where snow removal will be a foreign concept.

You should see Boston right now. There's a ban on "spot saving" this winter (people used to put chairs and such in their spots to hold them). There is also zero parking allowed on street in the city, which means the garages are stuffed. Also, the subway system is fucked with the snow, causing mass delays across the city.

But I also share the sentiment in regards to parking in front of your home. Caroline has a spot out back in a lot, but I have to park on the street. Mix that in with having to have the sidewalk shoveled and the street plowed, we have a giant mound between the road and sidewalk. I'm amazed of the structural integrity.

But that's winter for us up here. Maybe I'm just kinda used to the fact I keep a shovel in my car (and Caroline keeps a giant bag of road salt/sand in hers). Man up, it'll only be for another month or two. If little Caroline can shovel out her car every day without bitching and moaning, I expect you to as well! (She's also crazy adorable all bundled up)

Edit: Saw that photo earlier. It really is the best retribution.

I'm gonna have to take some pictures for you guys of our snowbanks and sidewalks/roads. If you were up here Baldoraxx and Simpwn , you'd think we were all committing suicide driving around lol.

lol I trust my driving on ice/snow but I don't trust my life to the other idiots around her.

lol I trust my driving on ice/snow but I don't trust my life to the other idiots around her.
100% this. I'm an amazing driver (I am from NJ, it is in our blood). However some of the idiots I see on the road even days after a storm piss me off. Some guy thought he could slowly roll into the middle of an intersection because there was a giant snow pile on the corner that he couldn't see around. Didn't even look my way, luckily I was paying attention and not going too fast.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH...

pCkum49.png

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

What is this "snow" you all speak of. Its 80 and sunny here!

Seconded. I got a funny looking tan line from my flip-flops this weekend.

Come to the west side... and trade snow for assholes, traffic, and high property prices. :-/

And I´m just sitting here, wondering why you guys measure snow in inches. We use meters.
Also we´ve got ourself a lawnmower where you can mount a shovel at the front. That is usually enough for us.

Top Bottom