What's new

Teachers suck

Baldoraxx

Internalizing Master Of Casual
So i turned in an outline for a paper 2 weeks ago and didn't get any marks off of it and was told it was a great outline for my definitive/exemplification paper. The next week i write my 5 page paper and turn it in. Today i look at my grade for it and see it is 0.00/100. I'm like WTF so i look over her sidenotes (Which, the system for how they do this is so stupid in the code. I took forever just to see her little note). Her note told me after the first 3 sentences that i got off track. How the fuck did i go off track. I followed my outline perfectly. And then after that i kept reading and she gives me lecture on what a definitive paper is and that i wrote a "How to" paper. HELLO, if you read my fucking outline you would have realized that it was headed in that direction. How is it that you let my outline pass but when it came to my paper you finally did some work and now she wants me to write the damn thing over again. Fuck it. I'll write the damn thing in less than an hour. I did it the first time around and i'll do it the second time around. Oh HR will hear this fine story of mine. Checked you students work instead of doing it AFTER they turn it in. It coulda saved me time and my paper would be done so i could focus on my next assignment but NOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Now i have to stop my other work to fix this one because she couldn't do her job. RAWWWWWWWWWWR

I definitely think you should bring up the fact that you were working off your outline to the teacher. Show specific examples of how your outline matches your paper. It's really her fault for saying you were on the right track when its possible you weren't from the start. Bad teaching IMO, but if she lets you redo it and she actually pays attention to what your outline says this time it should be alright. It shouldn't affect your overall grade and if it does go above her head.

I had my own horror story not too long ago as well.

I turned in a paper for an assignment, then one week later I realized I had done the wrong one. I did the week 4 assignment and turned it in for week 3. The teacher hadn't messaged me or said anything was wrong, but when I checked my grade for week 3, I saw that I was given a 0. I wrote an email explaining my mistake and wrote the week 3 paper that I had missed. The teacher then gave me a 0 for week 4 saying it was the wrong paper. I emailed back and reminded her that I had submitted the week 4 paper a week early, but apparently it didn't matter since it wasn't in the right internet basket thingy. So I resubmitted the week 4 paper, but by then it was too late to get even a late grade on it. I appealed the grades through the college's process, but they just backed up the professor since she was enforcing policy as anally as possible. I lost 10% of my grade and ended up with a low B.

There is no fucking way that it is okay for her to give you a 0 on the paper no matter what bullshit you turned in. A 0 is meant for when you didn't even turn in anything. For a paper like yours you at least deserve a D. Fight for your D.

There is no fucking way that it is okay for her to give you a 0 on the paper no matter what bullshit you turned in. A 0 is meant for when you didn't even turn in anything. For a paper like yours you at least deserve a D. Fight for your D.

The disadvantage in my situation was that it was all online. If I could have physically gotten in their faces, I think I could have gotten a better outcome.

Get in their faces, Baldo!

The disadvantage in my situation was that it was all online. If I could have physically gotten in their faces, I think I could have gotten a better outcome.

Get in their faces, Baldo!

Can't.... Online as well. Oh and we also have discussion boards. Our assignments reset on Monday at 11:59 p.m. and we get our new assignments. Our discussion boards we have to post one original post and reply to two different posts twice. I post mine on Tuesday typically and check on Sunday. My class doesn't turn anything in until Monday at like 10 p.m. So for the last 2 assignments i have gotten 2/3 worth of points because they don't take the class seriously and the teacher does nothing! I have complained multiple times, even asked for her to assign me to other classes. She says she can't... My other class lets us discuss stuff on the boards with ALL the classes. It is so stupid. I am ready for this one english class to be over with

It's.... It's....... It's everywhere...... It's in my hair.... In my soup..... Somehow it got in my sock.

I think she felt my rage and adjusted accordingly. I re-wrote my paper with 400 less words than my first paper and she said good job in every aspect... gave me a 100/100

As a teacher I can verify that a vast majority of teachers get their jobs because they were in the education system so long the university thought they lived there and just added them to the payroll out of habit, they just wanted a job with insane vacations, or couldn't cope with real life.
A scant few develop into good teachers, or really had a goal of being one from the start.

I went back to college to get my CNC programming and operation cert renewed last year. I spend a great deal of time with this "teacher" who would pull stunts like you mentioned. Thanks to unions and tenure even when you have absolute proof the uni has to take the side of the incompetent teacher as "policy" is written in their favor.
University feels more like Las Vegas than a house of education these days.

Its all about the money, the house set you up to lose, everything looks great on the outside, but if you stay in too long you walk out sick of everything it is with little to show for it.
Degrees have been deemed required, but if I had to bankroll my education this magical piece of paper would be less than worthless.
To date it has only served to advance my ease of obtaining a visa and offered ZERO utility in the field for which it was obtained.

Good luck, get all the free money you can, get out as early as possible.
Uni sucks because the teachers are bad, lazy knitwits (in general) and the boards only care about cash (always).

That sounds like just about any place that does business. I guess the perception of academia (especially from the outside) is very different from the reality, whereas it's expected to be like that in other lines of work.

As an example, I had the opportunity during my residency to do a rotation at the college of pharmacy associated with my hospital. Sure, I got to write some lectures, test questions, and grade things. But it opened my eyes to see how much pull the board had on decisions and the power plays that went on. I'm used to that kind of stuff in my line of work, but for some reason I never thought it existed in "school". Lesson learned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom