What's new

Wildstar Addons

Tink

Now that the NDA has lifted, I want to talk a bit about addons.

New addons are appearing almost weekly. And when W* goes to open beta, there will be tons more.

I would like to share with you which I find useful. (note: during beta, these may become obsolete)

Aura Mastery - Must have for raiding. Like an early version of DBM or Big Wigs. Great buff and debuff tracker.

Betafixes - this addon helps with the little bugs that creeps through beta.

BetterQuestLog - I loved this addon. Simplifies the quest log in your codex. (note: in Winter Patch 4, they revamped the codex. So this may be obsolete)

BijiPlates - Must have! Thru the Beta, name plates have been crap. This addon gives you control over your name plates.

ChatlogEX - Great chat addon.

Clock - Tells time. :D

GroupRadar - very useful addon if you are grouping. It shows little arrows where your party members are. Totally customizable.

JuinkIt - Must have! It is a customizable junk seller.

Radar - Awesome addon for all you achievement whores (like myself). It shows on your minimap if you are close to any datacrons or datalogs are. (must have if you take the scientist path)

SprintMeterBuddy - Addon to customize your sprint meter. Very useful.

VodkaMiniMap - To be honest, I was hopeing this addon would pour shots of vodak for me during horrible pugs. But what it really does is enhances your minimap. If you are a gather, you can customize the gather points to any color you want, among other things.

YoGrT - Great soical addon. It localizes all your friends and circles. And tells you who is on at any given time without the use of your social menu.

Now, which do you guys use? :D

ChatlogEX - Great chat addon.
Clock - Tells time. :D
JuinkIt - Must have! It is a customizable junk seller.
YoGrT - Great soical addon. It localizes all your friends and circles. And tells you who is on at any given time without the use of your social menu.

These are the ones I used in an early beta. They were all FANTASTIC QoL tweaks (which are my primary needs for MMO's). Unfortunately I had issues in patch updates where I couldn't actually disable them properly and really fucked up with my chat, and even hard disabling ruined some coding in the game (which for some reason caused issues even after a full re-installation). But when they worked, they made life a fuckton better.

Yeah, after every new patch it takes a while for the author to update to the new api. I had a similar issue with Chatlog and YoGrt.

It seems these two were Packetdancer's earlier addons and are not as api friendly as her latest ones.

Tink, you and me will become good friends :D I am also a huge fan of Addons. I´m really looking forward to all those "useless" addons. Please PLEASE let there be a boing addon (everytime you jump it makes a boing sound, and you can view stats like how many times have you jumped, your average jump height+length and various other stats) and comixed. I loved comixed.

Hey Euchale!

When Beta opens up, I bet there will be TONS of silly addons that we can enjoy.

The silliest ones I found so far is called:

RainbowTrailThing
Yup, it adds a Nyan Cat rainbow trail at your feet or mouse.

Snake
You can play the classic game of snake in your Wildstar.

Hey Euchale!

When Beta opens up, I bet there will be TONS of silly addons that we can enjoy.

The silliest ones I found so far is called:

RainbowTrailThing
Yup, it adds a Nyan Cat rainbow trail at your feet or mouse.

Snake
You can play the classic game of snake in your Wildstar.

I´ve also seen one called:
Death by Kitty
Makes a Hello Kitty Symbol over enemies you have slain

Ive also fiddled a bit with addons within Wildstar, not as many, but there are a couple I picked up that I couldnt play the game without

Deadlock (Now using the one made by Carbine)- Centralises the screen so you don't have to hold right button to rotate, turns into Smite
-I then configured left and right click for my first 2 skills
ThreatMeter- As it sounds, perfect for dungeons
TrackMaster- Doesn't work in api 7 but it was an awesome addon that had a line to show you where to go for your quest (Because I hate the Wildstar Map with a Passion)
GroupRadar- Also use this just to know where the healer is

Top Bottom