What's new

WildStar AltTabMe.com's Wildstar - "Beta, Progression, Tagging, 2014... OH MY!"

tr1age

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome the our Wildstar Podcast brought to you by
AltTabMe.com
"The Community that Outlasts Release Dates"
Want to ask us questions for the next podcast but too lazy to sign up here? Send us a Tweet @ALTTABME

We are here to bring you as much information about the upcoming​
MMO Wildstar as well as things we are excited to get our hands on... but there is a catch. We will be doing each episode in 30 minutes or less! Anything we don't cover or you want us to cover more of, or even topics you may want to suggest we cover in future podcasts, you can head on over to AltTabMe and post on our community boards to discuss with us and our members! You can also post on previous podcasts as well. And with that,​
today's topic we are talking about will be "Beta, Progression, Tagging, 2014... OH MY!" and the clock starts NOW!​

Show Notes:
01:38 Clock starts​
02:00 True beta vs hype beta​
09:15 State of the beta pt 1: character progression​
19:40 State of the beta pt 2: mob tagging​
32:38 We are over time, lets add 15 minutes!​
41:25 Will changes based on customer feedback push the game release back?​

I loved that Bruce was actually Zakis, and fox was secretly Bruce the whole time! Also I've been saying for a while... February 2014 launch date.

I still don't see they dropping later then Dec. missing X-mas is too huge a hit to not do so. Carbine may be the dev and want to put all the time and polish in the word in but they are still being published by NC soft. Publishers do jerk things like kick games out the door lacking perfect polish.
GW2.

This is true. And I really hope with how much Carbine has stated about the "when it's ready" and all that jazz, hopefully it can hold true. But at the end of the day, it is about money. Which means they REALLY need to vamp up the hype soon if they plan for a November/December release.

GW2.

This is true. And I really hope with how much Carbine has stated about the "when it's ready" and all that jazz, hopefully it can hold true. But at the end of the day, it is about money. Which means they REALLY need to vamp up the hype soon if they plan for a November/December release.

Christmas releases while they USED to be big sellers are not anymore. After Christmas due to gift cards and online purchasing make more ales than Christmas rushes now unless you are a TV, Console, or Piece of electronics.

First: YAY! I don't look like I am having a stroke in the screencap for once.

Second: I think Fox had a good point that even though they are pausing beta to instate these changes, they have been working on those things already. They may just be taking this time to implement and internal test the changes instead of giving us a way broken beta client to mess with. They may still make end of year release if that is the case.

While the MMO community is interested in this there still has not been much media hype over the game. Remember prior to SWTOR and the WoW expansions you saw game commercials running all the time. This gets the average gamer asking "What game is that? What is it all about?" If they were planning to release around Christmas time it would be worth while for those kind of media pushes to come out so parents pick up the game prior to xmas.

At this point I think we are realistically looking at a March-May 2014 release date.

First: YAY! I don't look like I am having a stroke in the screencap for once.

Second: I think Fox had a good point that even though they are pausing beta to instate these changes, they have been working on those things already. They may just be taking this time to implement and internal test the changes instead of giving us a way broken beta client to mess with. They may still make end of year release if that is the case.

No gaming company EVER gives beta testers the latest build. EVER.

It doesn't mean the changes they are talking about won't take a lot of time and snags will happen.

The cost of BIG changes is less testing time and more ground breaking issues.

But meh, what do I know. ;)

Top Bottom