What's new

AltTabMe Front Page - Feedback

tr1age

Administrator
Staff member
So we are running on a VERY VERY old version of Xenforo. This is for a multitude of reasons:
One main reason is the Custom Front Page

My question to everyone is:

How often do you use the front page? Do you find it helpful or do you just go right to the forums section?

The other reason and the main reason I don't upgrade is the achievements. That will break too. Eventually we will have to upgrade obviously as things need it etc. But for now I am happy with it as is just want your feedback on how you use the site and if the front page is something you land on.

I never check the front page. To be fair it hasnt been touched in a while. I made a point to check it here and there though. I do like how it functions and layout.

I also directly go to the forum page.
I wonder though, if new people find AltTab, the first thing they see is the front page. Maybe some new members can tell us, if they liked it.

alttabme.com/forum isn't the front page? :p

That said, the achievements are cool, but I'm at a point where I don't see myself gaining any more of them, so.... Yeah.

My bookmark is directly to the forums because that was the easiest place to find the chatbox with it being at the top. I would go to the front page very rarely. I think breaking achievements would be something you wouldn't want to do. No chat colors and no achievements? My world would crumble.

My bookmark is directly to the forums because that was the easiest place to find the chatbox with it being at the top. I would go to the front page very rarely. I think breaking achievements would be something you wouldn't want to do. No chat colors and no achievements? My world would crumble.

Yeah I agree. I am looking into a way to upgrade us and keep achievements. I think it is possible. As for the front page that is mostly to help us get sponsorship as well as a good landing page for new people. More professional than just BAM TEXT FORUMS!

I like the front page as a landing page for new recruits. I remember when I first joined it was great seeing a wide variety of content all in one place. I agree it's better than a forums page which everyone else does. If we do keep the front page would there be a better way of keeping it up to date with some newer articles?

I like the front page as a landing page for new recruits. I remember when I first joined it was great seeing a wide variety of content all in one place. I agree it's better than a forums page which everyone else does. If we do keep the front page would there be a better way of keeping it up to date with some newer articles?

Yes breaking it off and using a wordpress template of sorts.
But I need to get a few bridge apps first to make that work.
It will not be soon it is a lot of work to make it happen. But I am already on it :)

Yes breaking it off and using a wordpress template of sorts.
But I need to get a few bridge apps first to make that work.
It will not be soon it is a lot of work to make it happen. But I am already on it :)

As always your dedication is appreciated! ::hugs::

If we do keep the front page would there be a better way of keeping it up to date with some newer articles?

The second part of this is people posting more articles and me promoting them using what we have. If you post a cool article I and Topic promote them immediately :)

So cool and updated content depends on what people post.

Top Bottom