What's new

AltTabMe "The Elitist Neo Nazi Oppressive Forum of Fuck You"

tr1age

Administrator
Staff member
I just hate when people blame their "Outcast" on us.

They control how much their interaction is or is not received. And if everything they say is ignored, perhaps it isn't the right mix of people for THEIR personal shit. I dunno just a thought, ha. I mean why do people think others have to cater around them, when in turn, it just might come down to, as much as I hate it, not fitting in. We have a VERY diverse amount of people, but in the same sense we don't due to gaming being the core. I tell ya this though, this community brings out strong feelings from people. The sense of ACCEPTANCE is very important, which is good, but I think we have a problem in that we cannot validate that feeling ENOUGH through anything we currently offer, which I just don't quite grasp. Why can't it JUST BE OK to exist here. Why does there need to be more than the simple fact that you can post a rant and have people reply. Why does it have to be this GREATER FORCE to enjoy the moments you spend here?

Has the speed at which we can inhale mass media fucked us from being able to just enjoy the wait between games, the moments between moments, and the small tidbits of life we share with each other here? Why must it all be a grand gesture instead of a smile or a wink, a frown or a tear. (Or shit, how about a damn personalized ACHIEVEMENT SYSTEM.)

To me, this site is a place where I know everyone will be. I come, I go, I work, I don't, I build, I stagnate. Yet, everyone is still here, and I am always happy to see the moments of chat box, or the random posts here and there, the updates of everyone's lives. There is no time limit between posts that makes me less interested, or more discouraged. I get discouraged when I see the posts where those who have been AFK of their own doing, come back saying,

WHY ISN'T ANYONE PLAYING anything

I wish people would seriously understand Handling their SHIT better. And I wish people would take a step back for a moment, look at what we built here, look at the progress we made, and stop thinking of it as a "We need a new game" and see it as, friends, family, individuals; defined by themselves and not the pixels in front of them. Actually, just stop thinking. Then by simple human nature understanding people burn out, people get up and leave, people stay, people brood, people ignore, people fuck up, people listen, people help, people return, yadda yadda.

Those are who inhabit AltTabMe: People.

So instead of setting yourself up for pre-date expectations and failing to ever go on the first date at all because you never felt "quite right", jump and remember you can go on date 2 and 3 and 4, because likelihood is, the person you just met isn't having the "perfect day" either, or EVER.

So to sum it all up, look around...

We are all here.
We aren't a definition.
We are people.
We have conflicting personalities.
We have similar ones.

You control being here, you control your interactions, and you ultimately control if you want to stay or go. (Why do so many choose to stagnate in a place where they are unhappy, making no choices, and bringing those around them down) We are what we are and we are what you make us.

So take a good deep breath,

look around, look at where you are...

sit the fuck down...

grab that fucking beer we keep offering...

& ENJOY YOUR MOTHER FUCKING STAY FOR REAL THIS TIME.

Just remembered some shit from my childhood I wanted to share here since this inspired the thought.

When I was a kid I LOVED games, my GOD I loved games. But I ALSO loved going outside, building forts, building anything really, ramps, obstacle courses, weapons, whatever. The problem was my brain NEVER allowed me to sit and play video games without feeling like I wasn't wasting all my time on bullshit. I guess my mother's "GO outside and play!" really ingrained itself. (yes blaming my mothers... /lol) And this continued through highschool. Fuck if I wasn't out EVERY NIGHT when I got my car, I was the biggest loser in my mind. Even if that meant, driving in circles being bored as FUCK.

One day something clicked, I don't remember how exactly, but I remember wanting to play a video game that night REALLY REALLY badly, but my inner struggle continued and had me literally with one foot out the door to do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, and the exact opposite of what I wanted to do.

I stood there and it clicked. I went into my Mom's basement where my computer was at this specific time(awesome I know), and I played into the night and had the time of my life. I from then on realized, holy shit... I don't need to force myself to do things I don't want to do because of social norms or pressures of not feeling like I am moving forward with my life, because regardless of what I am doing, if I am ENJOYING myself, it doesn't matter whatsoever. Because in the end it all comes down to enjoying life, maybe curing a disease or two, or having a threesome for others, but it wasn't about feeling pressured to do what I didn't want to do, but was literally socially programmed to do.

So I suppose I question you all, you already have one foot up on me, you are here, you are dedicated to games, you enjoy them... now why so much pressure toward the games and the community when you could literally say to yourself, "Is this fun TODAY", and either play or "Go outside and Play". I think we overlook the fact that we are already sitting to game, fuck around, and enjoy ourselves that we do the exact opposite. We put so much pressure on the next game, the community we are in, our own perceptions of peoples perceptions, that we no longer see this as "I will stay in tonight and game and I will enjoy it" but we look at it as I did with going out EVERY NIGHT REGARDLESS OF FUN. So of course I was disappointed night after night when nothing happened and I wished I would have just stayed home and watched that movie or played that game.

So I propose this to you, whoever you are, walk backwards for a moment to hopefully stop your forward motion to nowhere, take a look around, and decide is this FUN today. If not, do something else. Then tomorrow ask yourself, if you end up back here, is this Fun today? And if yes, then stick around. Why think of it anymore or any less. We all act as though the effort we are putting into this is going to amount to some exponential life altering number, when it just comes down to: Hours/HAPPY vs Hours/EXPENDED vs OVERALL FUN.

When I ran a site similar to this back in the day, I still had that GO GO GO attitude and during Christmas or season changes or someone's dog died, people would go silent. I would look at this as the site failing. I would implement 5 billion changes, aesthetics, code, interaction, competitions, games, more features, MORE FEATURES!!!(which BTW insider info: this is how we go to where we got with this site, trial and error lead us to a nice combination of what works and doesn't) I would get depressed, and sad, and feel like a failure. WHY IS NO ONE HERE, ROLL CALL!! POLL FOR WHAT YOU WANT!!! You name it. I use some of those tactics now but for different reasons and with different intent from the lessons learned. As it turns out though, there was literally no rhyme or reason. What brought them back was simple, their life allowing them to. So I look at this the same way, there will be lulls, ups, downs, fights, drama, fun, great times, memories, "Remember when" moments, at the end of the day we continue forward regardless of wanting to or not, and we make new moments, we meet new people, and with them we "remember when". But if we try to force ourselves to "remember when" we literally will remember nothing, because we spend all our time trying to remember, when in turn we are ignoring NOW which is what WOULD HAVE BEEN be remembered later.

So that is my story. Stream of consciousness from my brain to your monitor.

The reason why I've stayed is because you guys are some of my only friends. If it wasn't for you guys I'd be having mental breakdowns again from the lack of talking with others (a couple of years ago it happened to me quite a lot, mainly because me not being able to fit in with people around me easily).
I don't care if we play games or not, just being able to interact with you guys makes me happy.

Next to that, regarding the second post: WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THAT EARLIER *tantrum*
I figured it out myself two weeks ago, and since then I've been doing a project that fits every one of my moods (14 and still counting).
I was talking with a girl and she, knowing that I like to do cool scientific stuff, was on webcam with me and suddenly asked me if I could show her some of the stuff I created. Ofcourse I showed her some stuff and I didn't have many things to show... I was so dissapointed in myself that something but my brain to the top gear. Instead of just thinking and aimlessly browsing the web, I'm now doing something productive almost every day.
That's the reason why I suddenly have so many projects, and that's the reason why I've been this happy during the last 3-5 years.
Now when I go to bed I can just think about stuff and process data in my head, I now stay up a lot longer during the night (insomnia kicking in again lol).
I've done more things in the last 3 weeks than the last 3 years!
To give you an idea, when I go to bed now I lie down with a smile, knowing that I achieved yet another milestone today, knowing that I've unlocked yet another achievement today, knowing that I've done something productive and used my brain. Knowing that I'm doing what I always wanted to do, be an inventor.
I mean, as a kid when people asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up I usually said "a professor" or "an inventor". Back then I didn't really think about it, I just watched a lot of Dexter's Laboratory and wanted to be like Dexter. Well actually when you look at it realistically I am now. And I was back then too, building cool things which my parents or teachers couldn't figure out the workings of.

...Well actually while writing this I'm multitasking yet again (thinking about something else and thinking what I have to write): the last 3 years were apparently really productive too, I didn't build many things but I did learn a lot of things on the computer!
I could easily pass some Microsoft exams if I could pay the price right now (€150 for one I definitely want to get, but that's quite a lot for me and I'd better buy a MIDI keyboard with that money so I can practice playing piano).

I still haven't found the limit of my potential... every challenge I put on myself (activities with kids, mountainbiking, climbing,... I can do it all, maybe not the pro tricks but with practice I could do that too (but I don't have all the time for that :p )

I'm getting off-topic here, in short: the happier I am, the better I get at what I'm doing. As being able to talk with you guys makes me quite happy, so you guys play a major role for me :)

The-more-you-know.png

Did you know that recent rants show up on the left of promoted news on the front page of the website or if you scroll down on the forum page in one of the tabs of forum stats and leaderboards?

Queue music.

yea...... but tbh tr1age. I don't understand what your try'n to say lol. Queue music? The more you know?..... im sry bro - just not gett'n it =/

Top Bottom