What's new

GW2 Anyone still play??

Notorious

Hello! I know I'm not very active on the forums (read: at all), but I plan on changing that!

Was wondering if anyone still played GW2 at all? It doesn't appear that many still play, or might just come on every now and then, but I figured I would ask!

I still play every night, was looking for some more people that might still play.

I log on once every 3 months or so to link in chat the retired Halloween items I have (great chainsaw, ghastly shield, and others). Then I watch people beg/plead/bargain for them and I just log off.

I log on once every 3 months or so to link in chat the retired Halloween items I have (great chainsaw, ghastly shield, and others). Then I watch people beg/plead/bargain for them and I just log off.

If I had those I might do the same thing. Nothing wrong with a good troll every now and then! I have a tonic that turns me red. I would use it and just stand in the middle of LA (when it was still active). People would run by me, turn around, and ask me why I was red. I'd play dumb and tell them I don't know what they are talking about, and tell them it must be a bug on their end. After about 10 mins or so I would eventually tell them, they would laugh, and move on. Of course, I would do this around my normal group of friends and didn't tell them for about a month why I was glowing a certain color. They all thought it was a bug for the longest time.

Anyway, most nights I'm doing Fractals or tPvP. If anyone does still play or ever logs in one day and wants to do something, I'd be more then happy to join up.

I had high hopes for WvW and SPvP. After doing all the dungeons, finishing story mode, and burning through 40+ fractals, I got bored of PvE. But then when WvW was pure zerg fest, I turned all my attention to SPvP. Hitting Rank 20 and getting hit with the realization that all I'm getting is cosmetics... I just burnt out.

I'm glad to see ANet is adding in content on their bi-weekly schedule. I still get the emails, and sometimes get a twinkle in my eye to play again, only to realize that once I do log in, I'm already bored. :(

Glad to see others are still enjoying the game! I definitely got my $60 worth out of it.

I had high hopes for WvW and SPvP. After doing all the dungeons, finishing story mode, and burning through 40+ fractals, I got bored of PvE. But then when WvW was pure zerg fest, I turned all my attention to SPvP. Hitting Rank 20 and getting hit with the realization that all I'm getting is cosmetics... I just burnt out.

I'm glad to see ANet is adding in content on their bi-weekly schedule. I still get the emails, and sometimes get a twinkle in my eye to play again, only to realize that once I do log in, I'm already bored. :(

Glad to see others are still enjoying the game! I definitely got my $60 worth out of it.

Ya WvW I don't really enjoy all that much, it's just a giant zerg fest with no real point. Maybe it would be different if there were rewards for winning each week, but as of now you get nothing still. I do enjoy it in spurts, but thats mainly when I'm running with 5 of my friends and trying to take towers. Once it becomes a zerg is when it becomes boring.

I agree, the game gets rather boring quickly. I still enjoy the game and I play it every night, but most of the time we are sitting around thinking of what to do. The game needs some end game content badly. I think I continue to play this game to interact with my friends, not for the actual game play anymore.

I've been getting more into tPvP since the update last week. Now people actually play it. Before you would have to wait 10 mins sometimes just to enter a match, at least for now its within a minute or two. The rewards are a bit better, still not all that great, but I mainly play it to have fun with my friends and for a change of pace from the typical PvE.

I do agree with you though on all your points. And for sure I got my $60 worth out of this game.

I think I continue to play this game to interact with my friends, not for the actual game play anymore.

This is the kind of thing that truly makes games worth playing! That's why I'm glad I found these folks at TAB. They've made some of the shittiest games fun for a long time because we were always playing together haha.

The only reason I play most of my games is because I know others play them too. It's much more enjoyable when you can share in the experiences and talk about them here on the site :)

Honestly, one of the toughest things I've had to deal with in recent years was the long hiatus from the internet and my computer (due to some irl complications) about 3-4 months after GW2s release. Playing with you all was some of the most fun I've ever had but by the time I moved into college and settled in, most people had moved on. Also, the fact that I missed out on a lot of temporary content turned me off from getting back into it. And even if I did, school would more than likely prevent me from playing regularly.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

I love the new content they added. Dyes are acountbound now :D Also the skins you got from sPvP are available in the normal world and so forth. Amazing April feature pack.
Still loving it :D

Top Bottom