What's new

ArcheAge: Beta Event 3 (8/14-8/18)

everything-is-true-61.jpg

Any luck? I logged in last night. I'm going to have a hard time getting past the artwork, but I have been itching to try it out. I'm on Ollo server.

Ya, I'm watching the youtube clips and getting pumped, and then I log in and it's deflating. I really want to try a sandbox, but I may just have to wait for Black Desert.

A group of my friends and I are now playing ArcheAge. I'm kind of surprised how much fun the game is considering the combat was something new to me. I hadn't played WoW before. Our group of friends are trying to build a guild from the ground up and I can say that it is hilarious watching one of them try to be leader. We are currently on the server Aranzeb. We are looking for more people to join our guild if anyone is playing and interested in building the guild. We are the Debaucherous Tea Party. Message/add Jadethenecromancer if you are interested in playing with us. Most of our members are planning on pirating when we can afford the ship needed. I look forward to hearing from some of the community.

Baldoraxx
I've been enjoying my time on the game. They are getting ready to add the "Conquest of Auroria" next month which is going to open up more land to explore and conquer. As to what I've read my people are merging guilds so that they can begin to setup large groups to construct a castle on the new land. I've recently been getting into the fishing aspect of the game. It was a slow start involving a lot of grinding to get the necessary fish for a few of the quest, but it's starting to become more interesting. I'm also piggy-backing off of my guildmates/friends for ships right now. I'm saving up to get our fishing boat as quick as I can. If I continue to do the dailies I show have the blue prints by the end of next week.

The story line within the game is relatively short. There are only 23 chapters for the Elves of the Western faction. I have begun to get involved in more of the massive multi-guild raids and world boss fights.

My friends and I also found an easy way to burn labor and make plenty of gold at the same time. We found a underwater mining spot off the coast of Cinderstone Moor where each node takes 25 labor and you get between 1-4 starshard chips. If you use 300 of these chips and smelt them into ingots, you can sell them on the auction house for about 15-18g depending on the day and the demand.

I'm still trying to figure out the best pvp classes to spec into. Also it seems like a lot of the players that are "PvPing" are just going to the pvp zones and killing players that are questing after they get into combat with mobs even if they outnumber their targets. The one thing that it seems has been done right through the development of the game is that you DON'T loose exp for being killed in PvP combat.

Our guild is also trying to do inter-continent trade pack runs, but our guild seems to be to small for us to have the proper number of players necessary to finish a run safely. We have tried to do multiple runs with 3 or 4 people, but most of the time we don't make it across the oceans let alone into the enemy faction's ports to delivery the packs. We have been killed by our own faction almost more than that of the enemy faction.

Overall the game hasn't met the hype for me at least. I might just need to join a larger guild or just be willing to play a little safer until we expand our ranks, but it also hasn't fallen far enough to fit the anti-hype. Some of the classes seem much more fit for individual combat (blighter, Primeval), but it seems that some of the mage classes (reaper) can be better suited for team fights because they have a lot of aoe, but need someone to protect/tank for them.

Cool man, it sounds really fun. If i didn't have so many games going on right now i would hop in with y'all. Sadly way to many games on my list right now.

Cool man, it sounds really fun. If i didn't have so many games going on right now i would hop in with y'all. Sadly way to many games on my list right now.

Not a problem if you decide to try playing just let me know. We would be glad to have you.

sounds interesting!! what server in case I decide to jump in?

We are on Aranzeb and selected the Elves and Nuians as our faction. I personally went with the Elves' story, but you can meet up with the other race in just over a hour of play time if you go straight story.

Ive been super keen to check this out also! Might have to wait a little bit till life calms down a bit, but i will definitely be jumping on as soon as i can!

P.S. Awesome guild name

Top Bottom