What's new

Baldo the Internalizer

Baldoraxx

Internalizing Master Of Casual
Well, most of you have been on this site long enough to know i try to make jokes and brush things off pretty easily. That is because i Internalize things and don't express myself very easily. I hear this from my wife a lot "Get angry, tell me how you feel, shout, yell" but i don't because i usually keep my emotions on the inside. She has gotten me to come a long way with expressing myself.

This post is about my uncle and me just releasing some stress and emotion. He lives in Long Island NY. When i was younger i would go and see them all the time and it would always be a treat. I used to never want to leave and hated when we left. I remember the icecream truck and the basement and the other cousins who i think are in the mafia haha.

About a year ago my uncle fell down and half his face stopped workin, my aunt took him to the doctor and he was diagnosed with ALS or Lou Gehrigs disease. This disease pretty much slowly stops your body from functioning. My uncle would go through highs and lows for a while where he could barely move to laughing and carrying on like normal.

They went to South Africa to meet a doctor and he came back and was good for a few months. Then it went downhill. Hew had to start eating through a straw and using a breathing machine. Today my mom called me and told me he was in a Hospice center fully now which means he doesn't have long. Maybe an hour or 20 days. No one knows but he told my aunt he was ready to go. I pray for him everyday and hope the pain is gone and he has a painfree passing.

I will probably be taking a trip to NY soon for the funeral. For those of you who believe in God please pray for him. For those who don't nice words are always appreciated.

How terrible. My heart goes out to you brother. Good luck and Godspeed.

Thanks guys. It would be a really short trip when i go. Pretty much fly (if i have enough points for a roundtrip) or drive, go to the funeral, turn around and leave since we are very low on funds. But my uncle has earned my respect through life for me to be at his funeral. He was like my second father in NY

I hope the experience is as pain-free as possible, both for him and you & your family.

We'll be here if you need us.

I'll definitely keep you in prayer. My grandma has been flirting with death for over a year now, so I know how tough it is to be waiting for something like that. I hope your uncle's final moments are wonderful.

Man my heart goes out for you man.

I work for US Airways and can hook you up with discounted standby tickets for semi cheap. Let me know what your departure airport and arrival airport and I can give you a price. The only sucky thing is that they are standby so you won't know if you are actually on the plane until they get everyone on and have open seats. If you don't they bump you to the next flight. I also have the tools to see if there are open seats so I can tell you if its likely for you to catch the flight you want or not.

Using my buddy passes to fly standby is really better if its a last minute thing cause if you buy tickets at least 2 weeks out its usually cheaper than a buddy pass and its a confirmed seat. They are there if you need them though. Just let me know.

Man my heart goes out for you man.

I work for US Airways and can hook you up with discounted standby tickets for semi cheap. Let me know what your departure airport and arrival airport and I can give you a price. The only sucky thing is that they are standby so you won't know if you are actually on the plane until they get everyone on and have open seats. If you don't they bump you to the next flight. I also have the tools to see if there are open seats so I can tell you if its likely for you to catch the flight you want or not.

Using my buddy passes to fly standby is really better if its a last minute thing cause if you buy tickets at least 2 weeks out its usually cheaper than a buddy pass and its a confirmed seat. They are there if you need them though. Just let me know.

Thanks! I really appreciate it. I'll have to see. They said he could last an hour or he could last 30 days. I know my departure airport will definitely be RDU to maybe ISP? or possibly LaGuardia. Those are the closest ones. Probably rent a car, we get good discounts.

I got the "call" last night and he passed away. Thankfully he went peacefully and didn't have any coughing fits or anything of the sort. I haven't heard of a date for a funeral yet so i don't know when i need to head out.

I may be a little absent minded today so bear with me.

My feels go out to you today brother. I'm glad everything went peacefully though.

Sorry for your loss dude. Hospice is such a great service, and I'm glad they were able to make him comfortable.

Thankfully he went peacefully and didn't have any coughing fits or anything of the sort.

This is, at least, good. It's always terrible at first but... we were in a similar situation with my grandmother this summer and it brings us peace of mind to know that they were "ready" so to speak.

Edit: Sorry for being a little cold logicy... I feel for you, probably because I did just go through something similar. I wish the best.

This is, at least, good. It's always terrible at first but... we were in a similar situation with my grandmother this summer and it brings us peace of mind to know that they were "ready" so to speak.

The doctor asked him and so did my aunt and he said he was ready to go. I'm glad he isn't in pain anymore and is in a better place

I am sorry to hear about your Uncle Baldo! This is never an easy thing to digest.

I wish you and yours all the best in the coming weeks, I know things will be tough, just hang in there - we are all here for you.

Hey everyone, i want to thank you all for your support while i went through a tough time. Its still tough but being able to go see him and know he is in peace now has helped settle my own heart. I am back and have missed my Tabbers. It felt weird not being on these past few days. I think it was a good break to let me know how much i miss this place.

While i was u there i was able to have some good time spending with family. It was one heck of an emotional rollercoaster. The old photos were brought out, and let me say there were books upon books of them. One minute we are laughing "He actually made that face..." then crying thinking of him. we went through every emotion so many times it began to hurt. But seeing them overall was was good, its been a while since i have seen everyone together.

Top Bottom