What's new

Battlefield Hardline: Review "WTF?"

tr1age

Administrator
Staff member
2555472-battlefield+hardline+8+wm.jpg

Excited to try out the new Cops vs Robbers iteration of Battlefield, called Hardline, I load up the game, jump into the first cop car I see and music starts playing! Wooo turbos, music, let's kill some baddies... until the song immediately says:

"FUCK them all they can EAT MY DICK"

What?!

The game happily gives me a tip on how to turn off the music or switch to the next track which is just as explicit as the next. The only song I enjoyed was "The sound of the police". But I mean come on? Seriously? This day and age we really need more kids playing games that are proponents for racism, sexism, and hate crimes.

Through my time in BF:hardline, which I will happily say was not long due to the games CS:GO fast paced action, trying to meld a Call of Duty, GTAV, BF engine, and Twitch style play into one package, all I could think of through the in game emotes and constant yelling of "This is the police I will kill you" or FUCK DA POLICE, that this game was really bad. I have friends on the force and the way it is taking liberties with a badge and gun is absolutely ludicrous. Sure it is a video game, sure it is entertainment, sure some hollywood movies take liberties too, but this game takes those liberties and makes GTA look tame.

I don't know if this game is just one giant "Shock Value" meant to appeal to the underage masses or a poor attempt at "breaking out of the box" for the BF franchise. Either way it misses the mark on both.

The extremely fast paced action makes the game hectic and un-enjoyable, removing any tactics and arming everyone with M16's. Because ya know, all cops and robbers carry M16's... The Engine itself and environments are beautiful, minus the adhoc player models making plastering POLICE on every cop jacket and making all the robbers look like hobos with bad animations, but the gameplay and lack of direction on every map make it a horrible mash-up playable only to the most hardcore twitch gamers and those who don't mind getting ear fucked every second not by someone on voice comms, but the characters and baked in voice acting in game, as well as any car raging by blasting mind numbingly racist and sexist music.

Maybe I am too old for this game, maybe I am tired of gamers themselves using the culture as an excuse to be lude, but when the game itself is going out of it's way to do it, I start to get bored and angry quick. It isn't even humorous like a game such as Duke Nukem, where it is using the niche for blatent humor.

\
duke_nukem_forever_2-t2.jpg

The realism of the game's engine and weaponry make this game too lifelike to take liberties as it has. This is one Battlefield game I will not be supporting because I just don't believe in a world where the tension between police and the general populace is at an all time high already, that a game can be so irresponsible with the way it pushes content at it's audience.

Top Bottom