What's new

BETA Giveaway - [Podcast 3] July 10th - WvW / sPvP

tr1age

Administrator
Staff member
index.php

Our next Podcast will be focusing on PvP in Guild Wars 2 and if you listened to Podcast # 2: "What to do at Release" you know we are giving away a Beta key for the next two podcasts.

All you have to do
  1. Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
  2. post a Question/Talking Topic for Podcast 3 in relation to sPvP and WvW, and the BEST Question that we USE will win the key!
So ask away! (make sure you registered with your correct email or you will not get the prize if you are chosen.)

These are the same ones you get when you pre-purchase so they will include everything (beta, head-start, bonus items) and need to be activated by retail-codes (within 5 days of launch - meaning these will give 3 days of BWE3, 3 days of headstart and 5 first days of release!!)

Do u think there should be cap on how many
Golems, u can craft in WvW?
watch the video if u haven't already (Not hating on Team Legacy btw)
I would used the key for my roommate so he can try the game out for himself. He been playing WoW since vanilla/beta and doesn't know about GW2. I would love to give him that key, just to tests the game out for himself and who knows maybe a future guildy.

What are the current rewards for pvp, both sPvP and WvW, exp? rep? items? currency? How do the rewards apply to the rest of the game experience? For example; can you use say.. pvp currency to buy pve centric gear? or to get pve rewards, or is the pvp gear useful in pve etc etc?

How important is it to know the abilities of other classes? Do you need to know what animations to look for or just know to run away when you see a warrior/guardian/ranger etc.

*already in beta no need for the key

Will tr1age make a toon at launch called "HardNeasy"? (refrecne to the vid..) OK for the real question: Will Pvp have rewarded/purchasble mounts that only they can obtain to seperate them from the pve players in the game?

Will PvP be a viable form of character progression? Such as in WoW, where you get enough experience and currency to progress through the PvE leveling system to max level. Will it be an option to only PvP, and with your progress in PvP, be given access to later parts of the PvE game, as well as better PvE gear?

Hey Absolem here, I actually had a couple questions I wanted to ask.

Is WvW going to be a viable method of leveling up your character? Will leveling through WvW be slower than leveling through PvE?

Do you guys think sPvP should have some sort of experience reward?

Will you guys be playing the same profession/builds in WvW as you do in sPvP or will your playstyle be changing depending on the type of PvP you're engaging in? I know Tristan mentioned liking the Elementalist in sPvP but less so in WvW. Do you think this will be true for other professions and other people? (And that doesn't make him "bad," Bruce. :p The game changes drastically with more people on the field... a max of 5 people can target you in sPvP, but hundreds can target you in WvW... this can make squishies feel a lot squishier... and indeed can make non-squishies feel pretty squishy too. :p) For instance, I'm thinking of going with Warrior for WvW and a Guardian for sPvP.

What are the benefits of your guild capturing a keep, besides getting to put up a banner?

Does it seem like smaller forces will be able to hold off much larger forces in a keep siege?

How durable were the siege weapons? Did they decay over time? How long would it take a single player to take down a trebuchet or catapult?

What kind of ranking/reward system would you guys like to see in WvW?

Have any of you guys played Dark Age of Camelot or Warhammer Online? If so, how does WvW compare to RvR in those games?

Just a silly one: What are your favorite gaming snacks and drinks? What's gonna be in your fridge on release day?

Also about the golems... they take too many resources for this to actually be possible in a server matchup where both sides are actually playing. They just had an assload of gold and an unlimited supply of resources because they had fully upgraded everything and they didn't need to spend any resources repairing or taking other keeps or anything. This kind of stuff will not be possible post beta.

Correction, it will be possible... just not a viable strategy for victory in any way.

Hey just wanted to say I love the podcast so far. I havn't had an opportunity to watch a live stream and chat yet, but I watched the first one on youtube, and devoured the 2nd as soon as it was uploaded. I've been so excited about this game for so long, and it's good to know I'm not alone. It's nice to be able to geek out and salivate about the game for a couple hours, and be able to learn stuff and increase my GW2 knowledge before I get into it. Can't wait for the third podcast, hoping I'll be able to get in and chat with you guys. Keep it up. Been watching a lot of GW2 podcasts, but this is the one I've enjoyed the most. It just has a good dynamic, you guys sound like a group of friends, not a group of strangers. Even though Bruce is mean to Tristan sometimes. :p Please keep 'em coming!! So close to release!! See you on the battlefield.

Will players who play at non-peak times(especially eu players playing in NA and visa versa) be able to have a fun and cohesive experience playing with just a few friends in WvW versus much larger peak time groups?

Hey - Good whatever time of day it is across the pond! :)

Really enjoying the podcasts, I've subscribed as outlined in the thread.

Here's my question: Being an ex-WoW Arena Veteran, I'm really hoping Arena Net can nail the correct formula for producing a great and viable E-sport which we'll hopefully see lots of competitive streams and events for in the near future. What do you guys think about the current dynamic of the in-game tournaments with the free to enter, pay to enter and monthly set ups? And do you think they'll offer enough intimate competition, perhaps comparable to a 2v2 or 3v3 arena without causing a living balance nightmare for the game developers.

Thanks!

//R

How will arenanet's servers handle the massive amount of players, all at the same place in WvWvW?
and does areanet have anything in mind for the under populatet servers, that are going to get destroyed by every server that have more people on it?

How big are the WvW matches? What are the factions/rewards for taking part in them?( I havent played yet ) Maybe you could tell us about the point of WvW like do we need to capture certain areas? Or do we take control of towns like in GW(1)?

Sup fellas, here are my questions:

Do you think ArenaNet will be adding more sPVP modes, such as Capture the Flag, TDM, Free for All, etc. and if they do which ones would you like to see?

Also, in WvW I think it would be fun to have random Dynamic Event bosses that emerge from various areas of the map. Imagine 100 people fighting each other, as well as a giant boss... Since ArenaNet already has a scoring system (Gold, Silver, Bronze), they would be able to tell which team/realm did they most damage and give the teams certain buffs according to their ranking in the fight. It would be similar to the Forest map bosses in sPVP, except on a larger scale.

Do you guys think something like this would work, given the lag and boss mechanics, or do you think WvW is chaotic enough?

Thanks

Are there secondary objectives in structured PvP?

*cough* NPC's in Niflhel map *cough*
*cough* Trebuchet in Kyhlo map *cough*

Thought it would be a good question to ask, unless you cover that in the actual podcast. I see a lot of people not mentioning those in their podcasts. No need for beta key.

Shout out to Jordo would be legit too! :p

Top Bottom