What's new

FPS BF Hardline... Thoughts?

tr1age

Administrator
Staff member
Is it just me or is BF hardline like a fucked up love child on GTA, Need for speed, and BF mixed with the speed of CS:GO and CoD?

I dunno if my old man brain can handle it!

It's also as most expected it initially. Battlefield 4.5 or a DLC. Not worth 60 bucks. With a price drop...probably. All I gotta say is Visceral/DICE better not fuck up Battlefront 3.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

It's also as most expected it initially. Battlefield 4.5 or a DLC. Not worth 60 bucks. With a price drop...probably. All I gotta say is Visceral/DICE better not fuck up Battlefront 3.

I actually don't feel it is AT ALL like BF4 in the slightest. They have a money system instead of leveling and you can choose your path etc with a lot more options in game than BF4. It really is a new game with the engine as the background. BUT they made it SO FAST.... I dunno if I am just getting slower, but I was feeling extremely lost as people raced around me, in one map literally getting to a rooftop, looking at a zipline and having the game end before I had a chance to even fire my gun.

Zakis I suggest trying it first before ranting your hatred for EA :)

I have tried it. It has improvements which should have been in BF4 and slight twists to standard battlefield gameplay. Also if you read my previous post carefully..I would definitely consider getting it when it ends up on green man and discounted.

Oh I agree I don't buy ea games at full retail anymore. But I look forward to it on sale :)

It should not be named ‘Battlefield Hardline’; It should just be Hardline, because it’s nothing like Battlefield. I really disliked it, I played the beta some hour or two and then went back to BF4. Hardline feels nothing like the previous Battlefield games in terms of gameplay, and it didn’t even have the classic theme which most Battlefield games have remixed. The whole thing feels like an American badass cops and robbers theme, which is just ridiculous in my opinion. And don’t get me started on the UI… I’m having nightmares about it.

Thing is,
If I want to do heists I play Payday 2.
If I want a shooter, Battlefield 4.
If I want a faster paced shooter, Counter Strike.

Even though Battlefield titles are still on my buy list, mainly because I’ve played them when growing up and I enjoy them, I won’t buy Hardline. Only because the game felt so nasty, and it is not a Battlefield game to me. I want my good old Swedish DICE to make Battlefield games.

It did have some nice features that BF4 should have though, mainly the “Press ‘E’ to take ammo/medic” from friendlies, instead of trying to get people to drop their fucking packs. The zip-line and those stuff existed in the Special Forces expansion of Battlefield 2, there was also some other cool stuff in that pack if I remember correctly. Those are some things that would be cool in BF4, hopefully it’ll arrive someday.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt the pacing and organization of knowing wtf to do or go was fucked.

Top Bottom