What's new

Blizzard: Heroes of the Storm

Simpwn

Praise the Sun!
Blizzard has once again renamed it's MOBA game to Heroes of the Storm. This is going to be a League of Legends / DOTA2 / Smite type MOBA game featuring all the heroes and villains of the Warcraft, Diablo, and Starcraft universe.

I am going to hold my reservations about this game until I actually see some game play and get my hands on it. I think a well polished MOBA from Blizzard can do very well. It will need to compete with the likes of LoL and DOTA2. What it does have going for itself is the wide array of characters that they can tap into and introduce into the game.

What it will come down to is if the game play is fun, the price point, and the accessibility of it.

Here is the teaser video.

Well that would certainly be exciting if done right. Lot of good heroes they can pull from their universes.

I hope they don't go with that cartoon style shown in this video. I read this is just some guy who was commissioned by Blizzard to create this video. He does some Starcraft 2 videos.

They need to make this game look better than WoW and LoL.

I agree with Sim, make it look good and not cartoonish. Some games can pull it off but games like this look better when they pput some time into the animation and drawings

Yeah, CarBot makes some pretty hilarious SC2 videos (if you play SC2 at least), he's not actually a Blizzard employee. This is his style of animation. I'm pretty sure (read: 99.9ish%) sure that the game won't look like it.

However it's unfortunate that the acronym is HotS which is also for Heart of the Swarm (most recent SC2 expansion)...

Unless it is free to play with cash shop it is doomed to fail. All the other more established MOBA games are free to play and have years of experience on them. We all know how blizzard is money grabbing so lets hope they use their brain for once and make it free to play with cash shop maybe.

I've liked what I've seen on the exhibition matches.

I like the added objectives of gathering coins and taking them to a shared location. The creep camps also seem to have some actual strategic value to them. If they can make the heroes awesome and well balanced, I think this is a game I will want to play.

I've liked what I've seen on the exhibition matches.

I like the added objectives of gathering coins and taking them to a shared location. The creep camps also seem to have some actual strategic value to them. If they can make the heroes awesome and well balanced, I think this is a game I will want to play.

I don´t need another "PVP in WoW is not competitive enough for Arena, so let´s ruin PvE for everyone". It would be ok with me if the balancing is not 100% perfect, since I will not play this game in pro league. That´s the reason why I stay away from Dota2/LoL. It´s too difficult for me to just play 1 or 2 games per week.

I don´t need another "PVP in WoW is not competitive enough for Arena, so let´s ruin PvE for everyone". It would be ok with me if the balancing is not 100% perfect, since I will not play this game in pro league. That´s the reason why I stay away from Dota2/LoL. It´s too difficult for me to just play 1 or 2 games per week.

I didn't think there was PvE of HoS. So they don't have to worry about balancing those elements. What I mean is that you want all the heroes to feel overpowered when they are played well, but avoid having heroes that are overpowered without any skill.

They need to put kerrigan in so I will want to play this game with you nerds.

Ahhh. Last I checked on this, they hadnt added her yet. Guess I should look into signing up for beta.

Ahhh. Last I checked on this, they hadnt added her yet. Guess I should look into signing up for beta.

heroes-of-the-storm-kerrigan_succubus.jpg

Top Bottom