What's new

FPS Blood, Blades and Dog tags: Knifing in Battlefield 4

Zakis

War Priestess
Hey folks, I figured I would post some quick info and tips on knifing in Battlefield, which has been an integral part of the series for a long time now. Knifing can be one of those thrilling ninja moments in a hectic and chaotic battlefield. A few games back in the series DICE added in the ability to take someone's dog tags when you knife them as a trophy, which ups the stakes in my opinion. For me, if I get knifed and lose my tags, it is sort of a 'you fucked up' moment. In Battlefield 4, DICE has added multiple unique animations as well as blades to the game. The animations can be seen here in a video courtesy of Yamu:

There are also rumors that different blades will bring different animations, which would be fantastic.

Another change DICE has brought with Battlefield 4 is the ability to counter a knife attack from the front. In other words, if someone charges you with a knife, you can press your own melee key and counter the attack. This results in some unexpected dog tags for you, and a pile of fail for the enemy. Keep in mind though that you can counter a counter-knife. Woah, knifeception! Nothing is clear on the specific way to do this but I am assuming that hitting your own melee key again as fast as possible when you see your knife attack failing is what does it. That is what I did in this short clip from me here:

I didn't have the choice of engaging from the rear or sides as he spawned on his dying squad member and in between me and my squad leader. I had to engage as he was about to blow me away. You should attempt to sneak up and knife from the rear or sides at all time. Here is a quick diagram from div2691 off of the Battlefield 4 reddit:
Bqar5js.png

So fellow Tabbers and soldiers out there, get sneaky and get stabbin. Those rooftops of Shanghai are full of snipers that ain't gonna stab themselves.

F that. Attack copter is comin for to ass. Missles > knife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got 2 knife counters yesterday, and I have to say it is extremely satisfying.

I had a nice knife saturday. Guy was sniping in plain sight. Ran up behind him, stabbed, nice animation and grabbed some dog tags. Felt really good. Havent had a frontal stabbing yet but i did shortly die from a tank after that and forgot to jump out of a falling building and died.

I got two frontal stabbings and a counter yesterday. The counter is damn rewarding, so is stabbing people in the face. To prevent a counter just SLAM your f key over and over if you are going frontal.

I have to say i am thrilled with the amount of different animations for knifing in this game, and I am hoping the rumors are true that different knifes have special animations. At any rate, all these assholes camp on the buildings make for great trophies. Especially when they are camping on a building lower in height than some of the others. Silent Ninja Parachute Knife ftw!

At any rate, all these assholes camp on the buildings make for great trophies. Especially when they are camping on a building lower in height than some of the others. Silent Ninja Parachute Knife ftw!

Did that one to :) and had it done to me :(

Top Bottom