What's new

Danganronpa: The Animation.

kaiju

Just thought I'd start a thread to discuss one of my favorite anime this season

For those of you who don't know what danganronpa is an anime adapation of the light novel
Dangan Ronpa: Academy of Hope and High School Students of Despair.

A group of 15 elite high school students are gathered at a very special, high class high school. To graduate from this high school essentially means you'll succeed in life, but graduating is very difficult. The school is presided over by a bear called Monokuma, and he explains to them that their graduation hinges around committing a murder. The only way to graduate is to kill one of your classmates and get away with it. If the other classmates discover the identity of the killer, the killer is the only one executed. However, if they fail to catch the killer, only the killer graduates and the others are annihilated. Which of the 15 will survive the bloodbath to come?

So far they're currently at episode 6 out of 12 episodes.

Oh my god, this sounds amazing. This has just hit the top of my to-do list. Thank you for sharing!!!! <3

Interesting premise but I am starting to think the "classmates killing each other with a side of mind games" has been done quite a lot in Japan.

Interesting premise but I am starting to think the "classmates killing each other with a side of mind games" has been done quite a lot in Japan.

It depends on what you watch really. Some can be terrible, some can be done really well.

And in my opinion Danganronpa is one of the ones that is done really well.

It depends on what you watch really. Some can be terrible, some can be done really well.

And in my opinion Danganronpa is one of the ones that is done really well.

Yea, a lot of them usually have a nice twist to keep it interesting but I would like those who work with those psychological mind games to think a bit further out the box. Like Future Diary...not something I have seen and very dark/thriller.

Yea, a lot of them usually have a nice twist to keep it interesting but I would like those who work with those psychological mind games to think a bit further out the box. Like Future Diary...not something I have seen and very dark/thriller.

I personally think the visual novel of danganronpa is much better, since they add a lot more stuff in and they don't rush things like the anime.

Also i found this image hilarious

UEEnQwv.png

Every few nights if I'm winding down for the night, I pop this on. I think I'm on episode 6 or 7 now. It's a really good series so far and, even if you don't marathon it, you can keep a good mental memory of what happens since everything is so VIVID in the series. You know exactly what you have or haven't seen and every detail is shoved in your face at the end of each.... event.

It's like a real life Resistance game! Or anime real life at least.

I like mind games that are well done. Death Note comes to mind, as well as Monster.

It's like a real life Resistance game! Or anime real life at least.

I like mind games that are well done. Death Note comes to mind, as well as Monster.
Check out Kaiji. It's a gambling series, but it's pretty cool in the psychological frame of mind. Also, if you liked Kaiji, Akagi is pretty good too (Mahjong focused, but still a gambling/psychological series).

Check out Kaiji. It's a gambling series, but it's pretty cool in the psychological frame of mind. Also, if you liked Kaiji, Akagi is pretty good too (Mahjong focused, but still a gambling/psychological series).

I would be skeptical of an exciting Mahjong series, but Hikaru No Go was actually pretty good. And that game is booooring.

Add high stakes Yakuza and political corruptment?

High stakes Yakuza playing mahjong with the fate of the world in the balance? The Japanese take their games way too seriously. Can you imagine if all humans would actually be enslaved by aliens if some snot nosed kid didn't beat them in a card game? Think of all the military funding wasted.

High stakes Yakuza playing mahjong with the fate of the world in the balance? The Japanese take their games way too seriously. Can you imagine if all humans would actually be enslaved by aliens if some snot nosed kid didn't beat them in a card game? Think of all the military funding wasted.
Look at Assassination Classroom. :)

Top Bottom