What's new

Death Note

Rajax

All things Death Note!

Thread made for Keleynal

If you don't know much about it you can read it from the wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Note
It's about a normal person who happens to find a Notebook that Shinigami named Ryuk dropped to the mortal plane. This notebook is normal to the naked eye, until a name is written in it, that is.

What do you guys think about it? I loved this particular anime and just found out there were a few movies! I am going to rewatch it after I finish with Stein;Gate I think.

Do you know that gods of death love apples?

Death Note completely blew my mind. The manga is wonderfully written and the anime is superb. It's the kind of stroy that is completely ruined by spoilers though, so I can't say too much here.

I'd love to have discussions with people that have already read and/or watched it, though. It is my favorite by far.

I just re-read this not that long ago. Very amazing. L is awesome. If you like this and haven't checked out Bakuman, you will probably like it, as it is written by the same pair of mangakas.

I kinda want to have a Spoiler tag so we can actually talk about it lol, so hard to not with this one. I don't know how to though.

I just re-read this not that long ago. Very amazing. L is awesome. If you like this and haven't checked out Bakuman, you will probably like it, as it is written by the same pair of mangakas.
This is how I found Bakuman actually, onemanga.com had a great filing system for everything by author and artist. Came across Bakuman and was hooked.

But Deathnote is absolutely amazing. The first opening theme is one of my favorite to this day (the second one is a bit "psychadelic" for my tastes). Amazing story, psychological and character development. You can never really tell who the bad guy is.

Light is a fantastic anti-hero. He's absolutely crazy, but in a genius sort of way. I liked how the populace was divided about him being good or bad, and some characters had a mixed view too.

The plot is logical, but falls onto luck a few times to help things along. I'm not sure there was any way of avoiding that.

I really loved this anime! L was probably my favorite character! Though i did start to lose interest toward the end of the series only because how many times could light keep slipping away :S

I really loved this anime! L was probably my favorite character! Though i did start to lose interest toward the end of the series only because how many times could light keep slipping away :S

Yeah, it started to get into the realm of people not recognizing him because they weren't supposed to yet. Like Clark Kent/Superman blindness to the glaringly obvious.

I actually really liked the anime. I thought the plot was well written. I loved how the whole thing played out. Like watching the most epic of fights with no actual combat going on.

I watched the first dozen episodes back when the anime was first fansubbed, then I lost track of it for some reason.
If I want to check it out again, should I read the manga or watch the anime?

I watched the first dozen episodes back when the anime was first fansubbed, then I lost track of it for some reason.
If I want to check it out again, should I read the manga or watch the anime?
I like to read the manga personally, but that is because I get impatient with story lines and read a whole lot faster that an anime episode can air. However, the obvious advantage to the anime of anything is that you can get a better feel for the action scences because obviously they are animated. When I do watch anime however, I like to watch them subbed because I believe that the English voice actors are terrible on the whole, with a few outliers.

So far I have never read a Manga. I would rather sit back and watch an Anime.

If I want to read a story, I have novels for that. Although being as I watch them subbed you could say that I read it anyways lol.

I don't think it's fair to say that the different mediums substitute for each other. They all have different aspects that cannot quite be conveyed in another.

Top Bottom