What's new

Discord - Week Feedback

tr1age

Administrator
Staff member
So we have lost our ability to embed the chat thanks to Discord changing their shit. The devs and a developer finally helped us to get it to work again. And it has been exactly a week of testing so... let's hear it!

xNvCkSx.png

I would love to hear feedback on what you all thought of it. Thanks!

Last edited:
I especially would like to know how you all used it:

On alttabme.com
On the desktop client
Mobile client
Would you still prefer it without embedding to the chat client we have
Fuck no we love embedded chat
Etc etc

Ok so Indy has helped us to get the embed back. Just clear your cache and it will work.

Yeah so now I really wanna hear your thoughts. Cause now it works again.

Alright here goes:

On alttabme.com: I love having it embedded into the website. Staying on the website and perusing the forums is a plus for me.

On the desktop client: I haven't downloaded it. After we jumped ship from Slack I decided not to download it until I had a sense of more permanence with this.

Mobile client: I love having programs on my phone that push notifications. I was sad when we abandoned Slack originally because of this but am happy we get this functionality back with Discord. I'm just never on chat at work anymore so I enjoy when people @ me and I get them on my phone. When I am on the go I don't have the website up so it keeps me somewhat "connected" to everyone.

So far I am enjoying it. I haven't used the voice part of it so I don't have any feedback about that.

[fa2=#55ff00|fa-check][/fa2]On alttabme.com
[fa2=#55ff00|fa-check][/fa2]On the desktop client
[fa2=#55ff00|fa-check][/fa2]Mobile client
[fa2=#ff0000|fa-times][/fa2]Would you still prefer it without embedding to the chat client we have
[fa2=#55ff00|fa-check][/fa2]Fuck no we love embedded chat

I liked the discord chat app mainly because it gave me options while on mobile. I never liked the chat page featured on the site while using my phone because it was rather clunky. Discord gave me a nice interface through the app that made it easy. It also allowed me to get alerts with mentions which is nice.

I did also find myself using the desktop app more than I thought I would. When we used mumble I hardly would log in but having chatbox combined with our voice client makes it more useful to me. I worried that I wouldn't visit the site as often because I mainly come for the chat interactions. Having the bots announce new posts inside helps fix that.

[fa2=#ff0000|fa-times][/fa2]Chat colors

Where are my chat colors!? I'm a stickler for this because I felt like it gave the members a certain personality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow super helpful feedback from everyone so far!

Updated your checks with font awesome.
[fa2=#55ff00|fa-check][/fa2]
[fa2=#ff0000|fa-times][/fa2]

[fa2=#ff0000|fa-times][/fa2]Chat colors

Where are my chat colors!? I'm a stickler for this because I felt like it gave the members a certain personality.

Here is what I can offer:

View attachment 806

These are the available colors for people's names.

I can assign them. But I think it would have to be a TAB gem store item.
Somewhere along the price of sparkles.

There aren't a lot of options so we want to keep the Mods, Admins, and TAB Members separated from colors people can purchase.

View attachment 806

There aren't a lot of options so we want to keep the Mods, Admins, and TAB Members separated from colors people can purchase.
This seems reasonable, but I would hold until we know for sure we are sticking with this before putting it in the store. It will just save you some headache later if we end up changing away from Discord.

This seems reasonable, but I would hold until we know for sure we are sticking with this before putting it in the store. It will just save you some headache later if we end up changing away from Discord.

Agreed.

Wow super helpful feedback from everyone so far!

Updated your checks with font awesome.
[fa2=#55ff00|fa-check][/fa2]
[fa2=#ff0000|fa-times][/fa2]

Thanks, finding some images for check marks proved more difficult than I had expected. I was surprised the smilies picker didn't have options for it.

colors-png.806

I see how Discord applies the name colors, it's basically a group. I'd hate to have you set up 20 different groups. Plus it divides the list of who is online. That being said a high gem price for it wouldn't be a bad idea.

Only complaint on my end was that I couldn't figure how to trim or remove the sidebars (but that was probably me not putting the research in). All in all, it's a great embed option. I'd give it my vote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, finding some images for check marks proved more difficult than I had expected. I was surprised the smilies picker didn't have options for it.

I see how Discord applies the name colors, it's basically a group. I'd hate to have you set up 20 different groups. Plus it divides the list of who is online. That being said a high gem price for it wouldn't be a bad idea.

The smilie picker does have it. But it isn't smilies. It is font awesome. Click the second to last button.

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom