What's new

ESO: What is your favorite faction?

Zakis

War Priestess
I know we have some people interested in ESO and I was curious as to personal faction preference. While I know that technically races shouldn't be bound by a faction for this is the Elder Scrolls universe, we unfortunately have to make do. I might add a poll closer to release but what are everyone's favorite races/factions?

Source:http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/game-guide

alliance-leader-daggerfall-covenant-v2.jpg

DAGGERFALL COVENANT

The Daggerfall Covenant is formed by the three races of northwest Tamriel , united by High King Emeric to fulfill a common goal and take back the Ruby Throne.
The Bretons have the gifts of magic and diplomacy. The Orcs are stalwart soldiers and talented armorers who manufacture the finest weapons and armor in all of Tamriel. The Redguards are supremely athletic, and raised to be outstanding warriors from the moment they’re born.
The Daggerfall Covenant’s varied talents make it a force to be reckoned with.
RACES

BRETON

The men and women of High Rock were once ruled by High Elf overlords. Some Elven blood still runs in their veins, giving Bretons an innate grasp of magic that distinguishes them from the other human races. Passionate and flamboyant, intelligent and resourceful, the Bretons are renowned and talented craftsmen, shrewd merchants, gallant cavaliers, and inventive wizards. They can also be proud and quarrelsome. Tales of warfare between the kingdoms of High Rock account for much of their history, but most revere the Eight Divines and value prosperity over glory.
REDGUARD

The Redguards of Hammerfell are talented and athletic warriors, born to battle. A desert people, their ancestors migrated to Tamriel from the lost continent of Yokuda. Their culture is based on preserving ancient traditions and defying their harsh environment. They prize honor and dignity above all else, combining a deep reverence for the divine with a suspicion of all things magical. Their capital is the merchant port of Sentinel, but their roots are deep in the sands of the Alik’r Desert. In their youth, Redguards endure a rite of passage in the desolate wastes of Alik’r as a test of endurance and discipline. Only the strongest survive.
ORC

Though other races often regard the Orcs as barbarians and even beasts, these noble warriors have an ancient culture forged from endless warfare in their harsh mountain homelands. Orcs live under a simple code of honor by which the strong survive and the strongest rule. As the greatest smiths in Tamriel, their weapons and armor are prized by warriors everywhere. During the reign of the Second Empire, when their kingdom of Orsinium was finally granted provincial status, its restoration helped solidify their devotion to the new Daggerfall Covenant.

alliance-leader-ebonheart-pact-v2.jpg

EBONHEART PACT

The Ebonheart Pact is the most unlikely of the three alliances. The Nords and Dark Elves have a long history of conflict, and the Argonians were enslaved by the Dark Elves for thousands of years.
It was the Akaviri invasion that forged a bond between them. Now they are determined to control their own destiny by defeating the Empire, while preserving their own fiercely independent homelands.
The Nords are the brash, boisterous front line of the Pact; fierce warriors and expert weapon masters. The Dark Elves have a natural affinity for magic. The Argonians are the best guerilla warriors in Tamriel.
The combined strength of these unlikely allies makes the Ebonheart Pact a fighting force of extraordinary power.
RACES

NORD

The Nords once conquered most of Tamriel, and as a result, feel a certain entitlement to rule. They broke the power of the Ayleids, nearly drove the High Elves out of High Rock, and conquered much of Resdayn, the precursor to Morrowind. The Nords are excellent with arms. They are quick to anger, boisterous, and strong. They are natural-born warriors who fight with an ecstatic ferocity that terrifies their enemies.
DARK ELF

The Dark Elf homeland of Morrowind has been invaded many times by the Akaviri and the Nords. This history of conflict has transformed the Dunmer into hardened warriors. They also have a natural affinity for magic and great intellect, making them skillful sorcerers.
ARGONIAN

The Argonians are possessed of a cool intellect, and are well-versed in the magical arts, stealth, and the use of blades. They are also guerilla warfare experts, long accustomed to defending their borders from invaders. They often serve as the scouts and skirmishers for the forces of the Pact.

ALDMERI DOMINION

When word reached the High Elves of Summerset that the Imperial City had fallen under the control of the human supporters of Molag Bal, the Aldmeri Dominion was formed. The High Elves reached out to the neighboring races of Wood Elves and Khajiit with a plea that their combined forces might prevent the younger races of Tamriel from bringing disaster to the world, as they had so many times in the past.
The High Elves were the original settlers of Tamriel and created the common tongue used throughout the continent today. They are also naturally proficient with magic.
The Wood Elves inhabit the thick, near-impenetrable forests of Valenwood. They are supreme hunters, guides, and masters in sneaking and thievery. They are also the most gifted archers in all of Tamriel.
The Khajiit, a proud feline race, are fearsome warriors, proficient with bladed weapons. They stand proudly at the forefront of every battle.
The power and determination of the Aldmeri Dominion should not be underestimated.
alliance-leader-aldmeri-dominion-v2.jpg

RACES

HIGH ELF

The High Elves, or Altmer, arrived in Tamriel thousands of years ago from Old Aldmeris. They see themselves, perhaps justifiably, as the ruling race of Tamriel. They are a highly cultured people, known for their breathtaking architecture and massive libraries of histories and creative works. They tend to be isolationists, largely remaining on Summerset Isle, and only emerge when they perceive a great threat to their homeland. They are powerful mages and warriors, and the de facto leaders of the Aldmeri Dominion.
WOOD ELF

The Wood Elves, or Bosmer, are mischievous, curious and nimble. Because their homeland of Valenwood is often attacked by the Colovian Imperials, Wood Elves are experts at the art of defense. They are also gifted archers, perhaps the best in all of Tamriel. The capital of the Aldmeri Dominion, Elden Root, lies in the heart of their homeland. It has evolved into a center of political and cultural importance and is of vital strategic importance in the battle to control Tamriel.
KHAJIIT

The population of the proud feline Khajiit has dwindled in recent years following a devastating outbreak of Knahaten Flu. They owe a great debt to Ayrenn, Queen of the High Elves, for her help in restoring order from the chaos that followed the plague. They have a wry wit and a hedonistic outlook, but they are fearsome on the field of battle. They are the strong arm of the Aldmeri Dominion.

Daggerfall has only one race I like: Orcs.

The Ebonheart Pact has my three favourite races: Nord, Dunmer and Argonians.

Aldmeri again only have one that I like: Khajit.

So based on the net amount of races that I like, I'd have to say Ebonheart. Plus, Ebonheart is the coolest name.

Apparently I can't love a post more than once. Ebonheart for me. I love the Nords and the Dunmer are my favorite of the elven races...probably my favorite race overall based on look, lore, etc. I don't mind the Bosmer cause they get bullied by the high elves usually and the only race I like on the Daggerfall is the Redguard because I love their lore. Oh and high elves are dicks...that is all.

Yeah... honestly I always create a nord... just cause...

BTW Fuck the Aldmeri dominion (skyrim taught me to hate high elves with a passion)

Breton, Redguard, Orcs are all boring
High Elves suck, those poor cat people and pointy eared trees drew the short stick I guess
I usually make Dark Elves and I guess the lizard folk and those guys with the bears are okay

Edit: I meant to say beards but Nords with bears is an interesting proposition...

Damn...I'm surprised at the unanimous support for one faction...that kinda makes things easy for those planning to play.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Aldmeri all up in this bitch. Cannibalistic tree huggin' elves, motherfuckers. You can't step to that. Try. I'll eat you. Bam!

Aldmeri all up in this bitch. Cannibalistic tree huggin' elves, motherfuckers. You can't step to that. Try. I'll eat you. Bam!

Bosmer are one of my favorite races, but...high elves are a bunch of dicks. To be fair though Queen Ayrenn sounds like the most decent Altmer I have ever heard of. Don't change the fact that the Ebonheart Pact is where its at baby!

Top Bottom