What's new

FPS Fallout 4 Mod Discussion

ToxicAsF

Over Analystical Extreme Gambler
nWhN6GK.jpg

So I wanted to make a thread discussing mods we are using for Fallout 4 to help distinguish which ones are worth using and which ones to avoid. Also wanted to discuss potential mods that could make the game interesting / easier / more UI friendly.

I just stumbled across a reddit post that linked to a mod that changes the "answer template" to change from the standard yes/no/sarcastic/more info template to actually show what your responses would be. It also changes the layout to format the responses in an easily readable way.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1235/?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am interested in that mod, but am trying to hold off on them unless absolutely necessary. Let me know how it is.

This mod replaces the default launcher with a new one that includes some additional settings like disabling vsync, mouse acceleration, and the intro video. It also lets you modify the first and third person fov. The only thing that doesn't seem to work for me is the edit launcher settings button. Instead of starting the default launcher it just starts the modded launcher again which means you can't change your graphics settings. Not a problem once you have your settings where you want them but worth mentioning.

If you're having framerate issues you should try this mod to disable vsync. It definitely helped me. Of course you could always change any of these settings yourself in the .ini file but this mod makes it much more user friendly to do so.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/102/?

Edit: It also lets you change your pipboy, VATS, and HUD color if you don't like the green.

This mod replaces the default launcher with a new one that includes some additional settings like disabling vsync, mouse acceleration, and the intro video. It also lets you modify the first and third person fov. The only thing that doesn't seem to work for me is the edit launcher settings button. Instead of starting the default launcher it just starts the modded launcher again which means you can't change your graphics settings. Not a problem once you have your settings where you want them but worth mentioning.

If you're having framerate issues you should try this mod to disable vsync. It definitely helped me. Of course you could always change any of these settings yourself in the .ini file but this mod makes it much more user friendly to do so.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/102/?
I think I'm doing this manually by editing .ini files right now. This just wraps these changes up in a nice mod. Thanks.

If anyone finds a mod to hide helmets tell me plz my toon looks so cool without it plz halp

Sent from Moto X using Tapatalk.

I'm using the decision choices mod that Gyoin talked about. Other than that I am playing on PC so I used some console commands to give myself more carryweight limit because the micromanagement of going back to base just because I became encumbered was always a thing that made me want to quit playing.

Also I used console commands to respec at level 2 for my stealth mele character because I fucked up my stats on creation. I didn't give myself any extra points in the special tree, only changed them to what I should have picked if I was paying attention. It just saved me from doing the intro crap again.

The decision mod looks fantastic. That's a must install for me. I'll look into what else is out there to add here when I wake up today

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Just an FYI for those who aren't familiar,
NMM (Nexus mod manager) just added full support for FO4 in the past couple days. I've been waiting for it before using mods. It makes life so much easier, you just click install on the site and it does all the work for you. No dragging files around, or figuring out which textures go where. It does everything, and even can set load orders and stuff for you.

Try it out here
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/modmanager/

*edit
penis

It is always incredible what people are able to mod. And that is without the GECK being released. Looking forward to all the crayzness in the next few days.

Top Bottom