What's new

Final Fantasy Type-0

Baldoraxx

Internalizing Master Of Casual
Final Fantasy Type-0 has come out recently and I was wondering what everyone's impressions of the game are, for those who bought it. I also wouldn't mind someone telling me what they thought about the XV Episode Duscae demo was. Pics and vids/streams are welcome.

I wish I could play it but no PS4 :(

I'm kinda salty there was no PC port. But whatevs

Just buy a PS4!

I'm only about six hours into the game, still getting a handle on it. Story is dark (darker than a typical FF at least), a little gory at times too actually. High action, but slightly button mashy at times. Also, you have like.. 15 characters to control? With 3 active at a time that you can rotate through on the fly. On my last mission, I actually beat it with only 2 of them alive at the end and had to be incredibly careful. They each also have different weapons and battle styles (think MH weapon styles and you'll get an idea of the variety). Each mission has some different elements, so different archetypes work better. But you still have advancement for each character as well, so they can be customized to a pretty large degree.

Overall, combat is fun, even if it was originally designed for a single analog stick (don't even use the right analog for camera control, dat motion blur). The "living in school" part is cute and breaks up the battles quite a bit and rewards you for doing so.

Worth 60 bucks? Probably not. If you see it for $40 or lower, definitely buy.

And what demo >_> I downloaded it and haven't even thought about opening it yet haha.

As much as I would like one, I can't justify buying a PS4 for one game. If it was backwards compatible I could stomach it and play some classics, but no

As much as I would like one, I can't justify buying a PS4 for one game. If it was backwards compatible I could stomach it and play some classics, but no

They have a thing called Playstation Now (for a fee) you can play the older games

FF games haven't appealed to me in a while unfortunately. I was considering snagging one of these but I haven't been too impressed by it so far.

When did consoles begin having more fees than subscription MMOs to just access the games you already bought?

That is true, The only fee I know for the consoles are the Xbox Gold and PS+ (which pay for itself when you pick up games with gold and ps+ games FOR FREE and all the incredible discounts associated with it)

Top Bottom