What's new

Final Fantasy XIV

Baldoraxx

Internalizing Master Of Casual
So i decided to sub into this game. Mainly because i love the FF world and i like the class system. Change a weapon and change your class.... Neat.

I know that it seems like i am "jumping" games and bouncing back and forth but that's how i play games. I play hard for a little bit and then go to the next one and come back to the game a little later down the road. The more i hop the better chance for me to come back and play it more. If i play a game straight for to long i will hate that game and never want to play it again.

Back to the topic of the game...I think a few others are coming on for a bit and playing.

Our Server:
Excalibur

I know that this server is really hard to get into so try and make a new character during off-peak hours.

I plan on making straight DPS characters. <--was never really a healer. I am seeing a few classes that i want to main on this server. I want to main a Pugilist, then a job of Rogue which then becomes a Ninja (Ninjas are amazing) then my Alts will be a Lancer with a job of Dragoon as well as a Magic based class.

The new classes coming from the expansion look really neat as well. All three of them... may even give that new healer class a try.

Good game. I think I have a character on Excalibur, funny enough. I was talking to Milly about this on Mumble in the way back when (I know he had a high level character), but I lost interest sometime around 35 when the fate system was offering more XP than questing/dungeons. It broke my heart because I loved FFXI and wanted to love FFXIV. I love that the title is doing so well in 2.0 though. The single character class system is my favorite feature of any MMOg, with the mission/story system coming in as a close second. And WoW just needs more games to kick it off it's pedestal (ironically enough, it's the only sub I have).

It's not my cup of tea, but kick ass and take names, sir!

I think I somehow convinced Baldoraxx to play this. There was a TAB group playing this last year but I doubt that linkshell still exists.

PS I love how Excalibur was declared the server just because I am on it <3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I somehow convinced Baldoraxx to play this. There was a TAB group playing this last year but I doubt that linkshell still exists.

PS I love how Excalibur was declared the server just because I am on it <3

Yup, because you are special.

And yeah you convinced me to play. If it doesn't exist i will make a new one.

IIRC the TAB LS was on another server completely. I moved to Excalibur for my old static so unless the old TAB people kept playing I'm sure it's done for.

Out of curiosity (and laziness for lack of looking it up on my own) what did they do with all the characters from FFXI?
I played that game and liked it a lot, but it just took way too much time out of my studies.

I'd be much more likely to give it some time if I could use my Samurai again!

For all its faults I really liked FFXI and have heard many good things about the restart & update.

Out of curiosity (and laziness for lack of looking it up on my own) what did they do with all the characters from FFXI?
I played that game and liked it a lot, but it just took way too much time out of my studies.

I'd be much more likely to give it some time if I could use my Samurai again!

For all its faults I really liked FFXI and have heard many good things about the restart & update.

It is really decent. Last patch they introduced a Ninja job. and in the next big drop there will be 3 new classes.
http://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Jobs

I didn't know there was a samurai class?[DOUBLEPOST=1420724303,1420724144][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/3779482/blog/303531/

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Samurai

I did SAM / RNG for a while, and also SAM / THF for a while, a ranged Samurai was pretty unique, and the Thief skills made it easier to avoid damage.
I also liked Pally but as a Mithra, no one wanted me to tank. Racists!
But this was so long ago I hardly remember all the job combos I tried.
Very, very fun system.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Samurai

I did SAM / RNG for a while, and also SAM / THF for a while, a ranged Samurai was pretty unique, and the Thief skills made it easier to avoid damage.
I also liked Pally but as a Mithra, no one wanted me to tank. Racists!
But this was so long ago I hardly remember all the job combos I tried.
Very, very fun system.

hmm.

I am maining NIN / PGL. But refer to my prevuious post for my alts.

Ha they are terrible. I don't think i can tank anymore. I give up on tanking and healing in MMO's. DPS for life

hmm.

I am maining NIN / PGL. But refer to my prevuious post for my alts.

Ha they are terrible. I don't think i can tank anymore. I give up on tanking and healing in MMO's. DPS for life

Just for a bit of clarity in regards to FFXI and FFXIV

FFXI has a Main Class and Sub Class system, where you have the abilities of both of them, but your Sub Class can only be 1/2 the level of your main class. So when he said SAM/THF, he was Main'ing Samurai, and sub'ing Thief

You are, however, in FFXIV, playing both classes of Ninja and Pugilist (who becomes Monk).

Just to avoid any confusion with the way the Class / Class abbreviation was being used by both of you.

Just for a bit of clarity in regards to FFXI and FFXIV

FFXI has a Main Class and Sub Class system, where you have the abilities of both of them, but your Sub Class can only be 1/2 the level of your main class. So when he said SAM/THF, he was Main'ing Samurai, and sub'ing Thief

You are, however, in FFXIV, playing both classes of Ninja and Pugilist (who becomes Monk).

Just to avoid any confusion with the way the Class / Class abbreviation was being used by both of you.

Ok, that makes sense. I was a little confused by what he meant. I thought he was calling out his Class / Job and that was what i was following.

Interesting. I think i like the XIV class system after hearing this.

Cheese to my knowledge your FFXI character doesn't port over to FFXIV. I had a character from XI that was associated to my Square Enix account but it didn't translate into anything when I started playing XIV.

If there was a benefit I either forgot about it or it is hardly noticeable.

Thanks Milli, pretty much what I figured.
Honestly a bunch of max characters spilling into a new game would make the experience not so great for the new players.

There could be benefits, like all games when you join late, but fresh out of the gate... I thing it would make more problems than it solves.
What makes me sad enough to delete an account is that I cant be a Samurai again.
It was such a fun class for a pretty slow paced game. I had to watch so many things and try to skill-chain with everything, plus it had a really high miss rate so your subjob was really important for something other than QOL stuff. Oh well...

The crazy part is they don't have Thief!
What replaced it?

So, I had a character on Excalibur from 1.0, but I just deleted it so I could reuse the name... and then I couldn't save my new one because of the restrictions. :angrybirds4: haha.

I'm on Diabolos at the moment with my 2.0 character.

I tried getting back in for the free days for returning players, but it looks like its gonna be impossible.. Forgot my username and password, forgot my password to my email address of the account and the email its linked to to retrieve my password has been locked and needs a cellphone to recieve some code to unlock it or i can send a code to my email which is the original one i forgot. Fair to say its been a long hour trying to get this to work...*killme*

Top Bottom