What's new

Guild Wars 2 again? New fun content every two weeks?

Razulian

The Mad Scientist
So I've gotten back into Guild Wars 2 since the last 3 weeks, mainly because of a friend.
The thing is since they're releasing new content every 2 weeks it's gotten more fun and I think more people would keep playing it unlike when it came out (4 months and hardly any new content -> lost my interst).

Tequatl Rising (might be a bit short for some people), WvW seasons, Halloween 2013, Twilight Arbor and now even Tower of Nightmares.
They call it the living story, it's pretty cool. You won't be seeing this a lot with other MMO's.

So I've gotten back into Guild Wars 2 since the last 3 weeks, mainly because of a friend.
The thing is since they're releasing new content every 2 weeks it's gotten more fun and I think more people would keep playing it unlike when it came out (4 months and hardly any new content -> lost my interst).

Tequatl Rising (might be a bit short for some people), WvW seasons, Halloween 2013, Twilight Arbor and now even Tower of Nightmares.
They call it the living story, it's pretty cool. You won't be seeing this a lot with other MMO's.

I just updated so i may pop in and see whats new.

I logged in last night, opened all of my birthday gifts and achievement chests, looked at my investments (could easily sell all my stuff for a legendary), cleaned up my bags, and logged off.

always willing to play, as i still think it is a good game, i just don't have enough people to play with.

My issue with the new content is that the "group play" dynamic still feels off. Single player game with friends.

I noticed when I looked at the gbank
If no one else is using it, I reserve the right to dump all my duplicate recipes, potions and other junk :p

And yeah, my own investments could earn me another legendary if I wanted it, but I'd rather make more money. It's a vicious cycle.

I still jump on from time to time. I also agree that the group mechanic just feels off. Also GW2 has taught me that I kinda like the grind of gearing up to take on tougher and tougher content, which is just not the case with this game. Still fun to jump on a putz around a bit from time to time though, and it's free...

I jumped on the other night and created another character. I looked at the guild and saw yellow..... forgot i was on a different server. Bleh. gotta get some gems or gold to transfer. I will if a lot of people come back and play. If not i'll stay on my own server for a while.

I'm just in to have fun. I'd really like to work on a legendary but i don't think i can dump the amount of time needed into it to get it. :( and i only have 24 gold so buying one is out of the question. So its more casual and fun time laying for me.

I jumped on the other night and created another character. I looked at the guild and saw yellow..... forgot i was on a different server. Bleh. gotta get some gems or gold to transfer. I will if a lot of people come back and play. If not i'll stay on my own server for a while.

I'm just in to have fun. I'd really like to work on a legendary but i don't think i can dump the amount of time needed into it to get it. :( and i only have 24 gold so buying one is out of the question. So its more casual and fun time laying for me.

Instead of a legendary, try an Ascended weapon. :)

yeah, I'd be up for doing some PvP but PvE would require spending time grinding in a game that I know I won't be playing long so I just know I won't be able to get motivated whatsoever.

Top Bottom