What's new

GW2 Guild Wars has 8 Currencies?!?!

Ok well this makes sense to me but if the whole world is open how are the dungeons and skill parts to work?

The skill challenges are static in the world environment. It's literally a spot on the map, once you venture to it, there will be some sort of challenge to it. Maybe the challenge was just getting there, or maybe it's to kill the mob that offers it. Then, once acquired, you spend these points in your skill tiers to unlock abilities.

The dungeons are instanced, just like WoW dungeons, but they are much MUCH more interactive. They also have different possibilities, like cut paths that are blocked one time then open the next time. You can run a dungeon a few times and not have the same experience in either three. Killing the bosses, depending on the difficulty, drops tokens for gear.

Ah ok, Good to know . I was asking myself that from the podcast since you all were like it was so open of a world then there did the dungeons come in to play. Now for the tokens you just mentioned. That is how a level eighty going back to a level fourty zone can get gear for his orginal level, I am seeing, correct?

The drops for zones are always level appropriate, yet. You get better drops rates in the higher zones though. Say a level 70 is in a level 20 zone, he'll still get level 70 drops, but they won't be anywhere as frequent as a level 70 zone.

Dungeon gear is mostly cosmetic, so it's more novelty than anything. Remember transmutation stones can be used to keep the stats of one gear piece, and keep the looks of another and combine them.

Top Bottom