What's new

Gyoin needs a new headset

ToxicAsF

Over Analystical Extreme Gambler
Alright folks, I have been using a Sennheiser headset for about a year now, and as amazing quality as it is (link here http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-360-Headset-Pro-Gaming/dp/B003DA4D2U/ref=sr_1_1/182-1893624-9090358?ie=UTF8&qid=1404323620&sr=8-1&keywords=sennheiser pc 360 headset) it's jsut not... comfortable...

I've gotten to the point now where I need a lightweight, decent microphone headset. I'm not an audiophile, I barely listen to actual sounds other than telegraph stuff (IE: Stalker stealth and such). I enjoy game music, but it's always docked for voice com anyways. So I'm looking for a LIGHTWEIGHT, non constricting headset. I'm so sick of these bulky, headache inducing, clunky monstrosities that cause my head to over heat and itch with my beard, causing headaches from weight and pressure.

Alright folks, I have been using a Sennheiser headset for about a year now, and as amazing quality as it is (link here http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-360-Headset-Pro-Gaming/dp/B003DA4D2U/ref=sr_1_1/182-1893624-9090358?ie=UTF8&qid=1404323620&sr=8-1&keywords=sennheiser pc 360 headset) it's jsut not... comfortable...

I've gotten to the point now where I need a lightweight, decent microphone headset. I'm not an audiophile, I barely listen to actual sounds other than telegraph stuff (IE: Stalker stealth and such). I enjoy game music, but it's always docked for voice com anyways. So I'm looking for a LIGHTWEIGHT, non constricting headset. I'm so sick of these bulky, headache inducing, clunky monstrosities.

Have you thought about getting headphones + separate microphone? I find this combination very good and the headphones lose a few gramm of weight as well.

Have you thought about getting headphones + separate microphone? I find this combination very good and the headphones lose a few gramm of weight as well.

If I had a desk, I would in a heartbeat. But being in my portable, movable, laptop scenario I'd rather keep as much intact as possible.

Audio-Technica AD700 is another widely popular option among both gamers and the head-fi crowd, usually at around $80-100. Many people think it is very comfortable, except that it is too loose on many people with smaller heads. It's open (non-isolating) and a little bit weak on bass quantity and quality to a small extent, but aside from that, the sound quality is quite good.

MDR-V6 clamps fairly hard, as it's a closed phone popular in studios. I'm not sure if it'd work with somebody with a large head.

razer carcharias or however you spell it is really nice. Its my main headset... very light and not isolating whatsoever. I play with 2 other people in the room so being able to hear them talk is important

razer carcharias or however you spell it is really nice. Its my main headset... very light and not isolating whatsoever. I play with 2 other people in the room so being able to hear them talk is important

Have one, too tight. I got a big head.

I'm impressed, leave it on something slightly larger than your planet sized head overnight. I've had mine for a few years and it's incredibly loose.

Top Bottom