What's new

Heroic: Goth the Harvester

Passage

Polychromatic
Disclaimer: I don't think is the only to best Goth, nor the best way. This is just how I did it! Please post if you've had better luck with a different deck!

That said, this one took me a while...

MY DECK:

2e7df361-0921-4385-9c75-7fe03c8f7f0e.png

WHAT TO EXPECT:

Goth's hero power will - for 1 mana - draw a card for him + give him one mana crystal. Many of his minions have a Deathrattle that will summon a 0 attack mob for YOU when killed. The caveat? Each one of these will deal one dmg to you every turn.

His deck consists of the said cards listed above, plus a ton of Aboms, 2/3 charge cards, Shadow Bolts, Drain Life, Corruption, & a 1/3 taunt with a 1-dmg-to-all-minions deathrattle. HUGE pain in the ass (and that's why I'm loving these heroic fights).

STRAT:

Goth will ALWAYS tap his hero power, even when he has no cards left! Hence, get him to kill himself by taking dmg from excess draws!

I mulligan'd for Ice Barriers and Mirror Images. The goal was to buy time early on. As the match progressed, I utilized my aboms AND his aboms to keep the ENITRE board clear (especially when I had his gifted minions on my side). I used Blizzard and Flamestrike when his board was full, then Raid Leader and Dire Wolf Alpha to buff my ghosts and kill them by attacking his mobs. My Deathwing got corrupted, so I only got 1 attack from him.

That Mana Wraith didn't do me much good... Might be better to add a Sunfury Protector instead to buff a few ghosts. I would try this on future attempts over other buff cards (Abusive Sargeant & Dark Iron Dwarf) because Sunfury Protector will buff two for you instead of just one.

WHAT DIDN'T WORK:

I tried really hard with a priest deck, lol. Mass dispels, SW:ps and SW: Ds, Ironbeaks and Spell Breakers... it just never worked out!

Edit: Any chance a mod could change the title for me? "Hearthstone: Heroic Goth the Harvester". It's late and I'm a bit zzz... Thx in advance if so.

Another day, another heroic down. Gothik took me less time to master because I thought there was more leway in how you could play this. I used a mage card draw/stall deck too with a few modifications. A few times I thought I was done for but managed to pull the right cards to stall at the right time. My favorite move of the fight was when I was able to duplicate my coldlight oracle.

GrizJ3O.jpg

Just beating this guy on normal was a pain in the ass. I also used a blizzard/flamestrike mage deck to do that. I doubt i have the cards for heroic.

Top Bottom