What's new

Survival Icarus Game

JustVonB

Crafter
Anyone planning on playing it? I’ve reached level 20 this weekend in the beta and if they keep improving on it, it will be a fun survival game.

Anyone planning on playing it? I’ve reached level 20 this weekend in the beta and if they keep improving on it, it will be a fun survival game.
Can you tell us more about your experience? I feel like this game is hard to judge from any of the videos.

Can you tell us more about your experience? I feel like this game is hard to judge from any of the videos.
Ok let’s see if I can paint the picture….. Take the game Valheim and remove the Viking theme. Remove boats and portals, Then upgrade the graphics. You’ll have to battle weather and animals but you also only have 20 days on the surface of the planet to complete your objectives and to survive. Currently there are bugs (as expected) but I was still able to reach level over the past 2 days. The only major bug was today, where I may have built too much and the game just kept kicking me out. Still overall, it was an enjoyable experience, for people who like these types of games.
A couple of things don’t make a whole lot of sense. For example, you are obviously on a carbon based planet but you have to “farm” oxygen. Clearly the deer, bears, raccoons, and fish have no issues with oxygen. You also have to drink water, which you do so straight from the lake…. Again, it’s a make no sense type of feeling cause if you have to farm oxygen and fill your suit, then how come you can drink straight from the lake and not die?
I can totally live with having to “farm” a breathable material but only IF the story makes sense to do so. Like if we were aliens that only breathed Nitrogen…. Or something of the sorts.
In closing, it was fun. I am excited to see what the future holds for the game, and I’m not disappointed that I spent $25 to gain the alpha access for the next few months until the game launches.

So... the creator of DayZ cloned DayZ without any zombie, "said it was space themed" because you have to wear a space suit, and then ret-conned all of it to avoid working on game design elements that support space?

This to ME personally sounds like a HARD PASS.

So... the creator of DayZ cloned DayZ without any zombie, "said it was space themed" because you have to wear a space suit, and then ret-conned all of it to avoid working on game design elements that support space?

This to ME personally sounds like a HARD PASS.
I’ve never played DayZ so I can’t compare it to that…… lol

Top Bottom