What's new

If I ever build a house, that will be it.

Euchale

Crazy German Guy
source: http://www.tigerlogcabins.com/product/zombie-fortification-cabin-zfc-1/
Zombie Fortification Cabin (ZFC-1)

Exclusive - The world's first and only certified* Zombie Proof Log Cabin. The zombie apocalypse is coming...
  • 10 YEAR ANTI ZOMBIE GUARANTEE*.
  • Upper deck with 360deg vantage point + escape hatch
  • Re-enforced slit windows, walls and doors
  • Barbed wire surround
  • Arsenal storage unit for weaponry
  • Garden Section to grow vegetables
  • Toilet System
  • Kitchen Area with Microwave
  • Living area with TV, Xbox and Sound system Turntables
The ongoing threat of an imminent zombie apocalypse has inspired Tiger Log Cabins to create the world’s first zombie proof log cabin. Even for the sceptics who still walk amongst us we urge absolute caution and can only advise that ‘just in case’ for the maximum protection possible this really could be a lifesaving purchase. The Zombie Fortification Cabin (ZFC-1) has considered all forms of possible zombie attacks. Not only is the building strong and secure enough to stop any zombie from getting inside, but even zombie invaders were to breach the boundaries of your land, the design is intelligent enough to give you fantastic and safe vantage points to use any artillery you have whether it’s light or dark outside.
The ZFC-1 comprises of three sections, all of which are independent from each other with two lockable doors securing each building. This means for a zombie to breach the main large section they would have to somehow breach three very securely locked doors – which even your most advance lock picker would struggle to compromise. One of the smaller buildings is a garage with secure roller shutter doors – still large enough to secure a military vehicle or getaway car. The other building comes with a built in storage unit for food to help you last the duration of the apocalypse. There is also a great place to store any other weapons you require to keep the undead at bay. The third larger building at the back has two floors (containing a bedroom, a kitchen, a living room and even a gym) as well as an upper deck to give you a 360 degree vantage point with smart slots in the decking wall to allow you to shoot at intruders in the surrounding area. In the middle of the three buildings protected by walls around the outside and a mesh roof is a small garden to allow you some outdoor time and to plant and grow vegetables.
The ZFC-1 is comprised of 44mm extra thick secure high quality timber and protected slit windows with toughened double glazing. You can be assured the ZFC-1 will arrive to you in supreme quality ready to treat and construct at your leisure and enjoyment. Also equipped is Heavy Duty mineral felt - meaning all you need is a prepared level base and your preferred preservative.
KEY FEATURES OF THE ZFC-1 ZOMBIE PROOF LOG CABIN:
This cabin is built with only the highest quality materials and no other zombie proof building can compare!
> The ZFC-1 features high-grade 44mm interlocking planned and finished logs;
> The ZFC-1 features a specially designed 4-way chamfered notch-joint system ensuring a tight fit to all boards with little room for damp, wind or zombie penetration;
> The ZFC-1 features square cut logs at the end to make it very difficult for zombies to climb onto the roof;
> The ZFC-1 features factory fitted pressure treated weatherproof heavy duty floor joists;
> The ZFC-1 features heavy duty green mineral roofing felt;
> The ZFC-1 features extra secure doors and windows;
> The ZFC-1 features high quality glazing which is factory siliconed and internally beaded to all doors and windows.
> The ZFC-1 comes with a 10 YEAR ANTI ZOMBIE GUARANTEE*.

THE DESIGN:
The planning for this zombie proof log cabin was methodical and thorough with all scenarios and eventualities considered. It was vital that the log cabin would not only be structurally sound and secure but also the ideal solution to keep zombies at bay. Some of the design blue prints can be seen in the image below.
zombie_new.jpg

Included in the price:
Log Cabin shell (inc doors, windows, stairs)
Barbed wire on roof
3x Bunk Beds
2x Chest of drawers
Weight machines
Lights
Fireplace
Sofa and cushions
Coffee table
Soundsystem turntables
Plasma TV
Xbox
Toilet, sink
Kitchen units with microwave

Not included:
All weapons / arsenal
Electrics
Installation
Preserver

I...am so impressed.
Zombies/Zombie apocolypse/apocalypse planning are absolutely my secret hobby/passions/interest/etc.

This looks super cool.
XD

Only thing I would add is one or two solar panels up top, with a closed system kinda deal so it just goes to my place and doesn't get turned off when the place goes to shit. That way, if needed, I could have like...an electric razer, or turn on the tv with headphones to pop a movie.
Kinda reduce stress some time during the zombie apoc or you'll be off your game!

That way, if needed, I could have like...an electric razer, or turn on the tv with headphones to pop a movie. Kinda reduce stress some time during the zombie apoc or you'll be off your game!

Much more important: Run stuff without needing gasoline, like cooking stuff and hot water for showering.

I love the reviews on it, and the guarantee info.

Solar panels are an “extra” for the awesome price of £3495 ($5153, €4909). I wonder how many panels, and what size you’d need to actually run the cabin. Like Euchale said, it’s important to not rely on gasoline or electrical services once the zombie apocalypse hits. You’d need private renewable energy so that you don’t have to step outside the house to gather resources.

I know there’s people who have made little cabins that run entirely on private solar and/or wind power, it’s kind of interesting. There was some show on Discovery where they had a group of people “survive” an apocalypse event, and they had to make stuff like showers, electricity, and such from scratch. Yes, it was very TV-ish, but fun to watch anyway.

Zombies are fun.

Much more important: Run stuff without needing gasoline, like cooking stuff and hot water for showering.

Meh, cooking and showers are for babies!

Just kidding, yeah that would be kind of amazing. Actual food and showers while everyone else is dying to zombie hordes. Ahhhh, that's the life.

I love [...] the guarantee info.

Having a guarantee is too funny...

Presumably, the makers would all own one so they'd still be alive to honor it. But the courts would go the way of the dodo, so there would be no one to force them to honor it. Let's say they did refund all that money, it would have to be in cash due to a variety of reasons. Could provide a bit of warmth if you burned it for a night.

All that after you just found out your place was not zombie proof, so you'd need to still be alive to bring it up in the first place. Not to mention carrier pigeoning your complaint their way. Ha.

Haha wow I didn't even catch any of that.

Then again, I really only just looked at the pictures. LMAO

Of all the research I've done, the one shelter thing that really stuck out to me was this: http://www.atlassurvivalshelters.com/aboutus/nbc/corrugated/

Pay to have it installed, then add in the extra features like water tanks, motion sensors, etc and you're golden. Not to mention, they have models where you can have a bunch together to get like a large scale survival area.

Just sayin' - If I won the lottery, that'd be on the list :p

Honestly, if you can people proof it, you've already zombie proofed it. People are much more adept, skilled, and sneaky enough to get into someone elses house. So if you can stop that, you can stop the mindless dead for pounding your door down.

So yeah, NO PEOPLE ALLOWED! Grrr!

Maybe we should turn this thread into a zombie survival thread.
Depended on which kind of zombie (slow vs fast, smart vs dumb) you get, your preparation will be different.
Now first things first. Early survival.

Hide in empty building or in the woods. Try to stay away from places where a lot of people live, there might be infected survivors. Farms and barns sound like a good idea.

Preferred weapon should be shotguns/assault rifles or shovels. Pistols don´t cut it with man stopping power. Not sure about normal rifles, but I would argue that the rate of fire is too low. My preferred melee weapon being a shovel is a mix of following things: You get a great reach, which will be very important with infected enemies, and not the heavy weight of a hammer. Plus you can use it for digging and gardening. I´m against cutting weapons because of risk of infection, due to wounds on infected.
I HATE the chainsaw. This is the most stupid weapon of them all. 3 reasons for this: Its heavy, it requires fuel and it throws around infectious tissue everywhere. Stay away from chainsaws!

After the initial waves are over we come to mid-term survival. This includes building a small village including a fortress, rebuilding basic structures and trying to get survivors to your village.
Note that this part begins when there are only a few rouge zombies left and your main enemies will become other survivors.

When planning a village you would usually have farms outside the first city walls. But in a zombie apocalypse food will become your main trading resource. So you might want to play your village around this idea, so farms are in the middle. Recruiting the right people will be crucial in this part, most important will be 2 doctors, a few engineers, mechanics and farmers. Looters are also still useful as there might be useful things to get from cities. I am a fan of having a police man and a psychologist around, but that might not be for everyone.

Structures you should build are: hospital, sleeping rooms, entertainment rooms, library/school-building, hygiene building with showers and toilets and 2 separate storage rooms, one for food, one for everything non-food.
You could argue to build a fortress, but there will be no reason to stay where you are if everything around you gets destroyed. If you build a fortress it should include this:
1. A independent water supply
2. A decently sized area where you can grow various fruits/vegtables. Fruit trees are a plus.
3. Solar panels for kitchen appliances, heating and entertainment
4. Walls around 4 meters high
5. A 2-3 meter deep mout around the walls
6. building on top of a bunker is a plus

This is also the part where you should assign a mayor and a sheriff. It does not only help if there are any problems between citizens, they can also profile people from outside the village if they fit.

And then we come to the long term survival. This is all about mining and rebuilding cities and improving the living standard and repopulating the world.

I think you missed one crucial thing in the initial zombie survival. Not only do you need a ranged weapon, but you need protection for if/when they DO get close.

I personally am a fan of the World War Z approach, which I hadn't seen before and thought was brilliant. Duct tape and wrap magazines, card board, anything thing around your arms, legs, middle body. Ya it is slightly clunky, but if you don't cover up any join or moving parts, you can still swing your arms and run when need be. But it might protect you from a first bite.

Also, realistically if we are going with the plan we are outlining NOW, when there is no zombie apocalypse - start your stockpile now. Canned and dehydrated foods. First aid kits. Pill form medicines, not the liquid gel kinds. Liquid gel kinds have expiration dates that WILL cause a negative effect if you use past. The pill forms, while they have expiration dates, generally don't hurt you past that. It's more of a "hey, you should come back to our store and buy more" type of deal.

Also, get a to-go backpack ready in case it hits without warning and you can't plan, and fortify, and wait it out. Should have a few days worth of rations, some water, extra clothes, a weapon or two, and some water purifcation tablets (just in case). My personal favorite is already sold on amazon, and covers alot more than I just listed: http://www.amazon.com/Ready-America...00047&sr=8-2&keywords=ready+america+grab+n+go

If anyone is wondering how or why I have all this information ready, I have been in zombie apocalypse preparation mode for years. I have a detailed list, an evacuation plan, Typhor and I have a meeting spot if it hits and we are separated, that kinda thing. XD

Not only do you need a ranged weapon, but you need protection for if/when they DO get close.
And this is why I said, go into the woods. I´d much rather not have to deal with any zombies. Also the efficacy of ranged weapons really depends on the hearing ability of zombies. It´s better to not be heard than to attract zombies to your position due to gun fire.
Your cardboard idea as makeshift armor sounds good though.

start your stockpile
I´m not the one for stockpiling, because I will probably have to flee from where I am now. I´d much rather be prepared by having the knowledge what you can eat in woods.

get a to-go backpack
Everybody should have one of these prepared anyway. You never know when a earthquake/tsunami/lightning/flood hits you and having this ready is important. Not something for a zombie apocalypse, but mine also includes copies of important papers (like birth certificate, most recent school report card, if you have any medical condition a description of what it is and how to treat it)

Very true on all points, but as for avoiding zombies, I don't know if that's going to be completely viable. Even in the woods or where less people are, you can still run into some zombies so armoring up is definitely a good idea. Especially if you THINK you are fairly safe/alone/isolated in the woods or farm and let your guard down for a second then bam, zombie runs up and bites.

I personally like the idea of a stockpile once I am in a place that I feel fairly confident I could barricade and/or hide out in for long periods of time during a zombie apocalypse. I like the current layout of our apartment, but I would much rather have a home that's fairly set apart from cities (which is something I'd want to own and live in anyways, regardless of an apocalypse), and then I can start the stockpile there. Worst case scenario, I flee never to return and someone else can live a little longer when the stumble upon my pile. I could flee temporarily, and if I survive make my way back, then I know a stockpile exists. Or I could live in a defensible place and stay well stocked. Honestly not too many downsides, IMO.

To-Go backpacks. OMG so right on that. Everyone should have one regardless, I just know that not alot of people do. I always grew up with one cause we lived in earthquake territory, but in the bay area I haven't met anyone who is like, prepared for a natural disaster. We don't really get hurricanes, and only had one earthquake in the past decade or two, no tornados, so everyone feels relatively safe. I am slowly converting Typhor to be more disaster-conscious though. XD

Top Bottom