Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kysonel

Name
Pierre-Luc Boulet

Age (must be 18+)

Do you have any friends in the guild? If so, who?
Bruce (Gyoin)

Main Character
Kysonel

Character Name
Kysonel

Race
Norn or Asura, not sure yet

Profession(Class)
most likely Thief, but will decide more clearly in BWE3

What role do you wish to play in the guild? For example: PvP, PvE, Casual/Social
I'm a very friends driven person and I rarely see the point in doing anything for myself if there is something else I could do to benefit a group.

In the case of a guild, in the past, I've always been more of a PvE oriented player, not because I dislike the PvP aspects of the games, but more that I disliked the PvP approaches of people playing them. Big difference between being rude about someone's gameplay or build and giving constructive critisism about it !

Basically, I would say I'm a social player, I enjoy a good laugh and you will hardly see me play on my own.

Which previous MMO's or online games have you played and how long for?
The first MMO I've played is called The 4th Coming (T4C), I don't remember much but it was a 2D game and I think it may have been a mod of Ultima Online, although back then, I was too young to be interested in knowing where games came from. I've played that for a good year, meeting people and getting interested in the Genre because of the social appeal.

Along with friends from T4C, I got interested in Dark Age of Camelot. This was the big hit for me, I basically played that game for 5 years and a half non stop, with all the expansions. The RvR aspect of the game was amazing for the time, although we didn't have anything to really compare it to, having 3 factions compete for keeps. territory and Relics was a constant battle that made you feel bad when you couldn't help out, I loved that.

Around the time when I got to University, I made new IRL friends that got me into playing WoW, 4 months before The Burning Crusade launched. I liked it, but I have to say that I wouldn't have left DAoC if it wouldn't have been for my IRL friends moving to WoW (another proof of my social link to this Genre). I played for 2 years and then on and off for 3 more years, the last expansion that I played was Lich King and I left because I felt that the way the end-game worked didn't appeal to me. Being denied entry to Raids because my gear value is XXXX value too low, no thanks. Although I remember a lot of frustrating times in my WoW career, it is also that game that led me to meet Bruce and having enough fun together to stay friends since then, even though we live in different countries, I also met another good friend of mine that I still talk to everyday, who is also not from where I am.

Just to add them to the list, I also played Final Fantasy XI, WAR, Silk Road, Runes of Magic, but they were all things I tried out with friends and ended up giving up on for lack of interest or lack of feel of community.

Were you a part of a guild? What was your experience?
I've been part of guilds in T4C, DAoC and WoW. although the best Guild experience I've had was in DAoC because The feeling of belonging was much much stronger than in WoW. The RvR aspect of the game really strengthened the bond between the guildies. Nothing felt better than to spend 4 hours as a ground and work on capturing a keep, finally doing it and putting up our Guild Emblem on all of it's flags. You felt like you were part of something bigger, helping out your faction and friends.

My WoW guild experience was good too, although I've never felt as good in there, because of the big competition about gear and the fact that there were limited number of people that could enter a raid or instance group and I wasn't ever really one of the best of those guilds. DAoC raids included every person that wanted to tag along, but that didn't mean that the encounters would be any easier. I liked that.

How did you hear about the Guild?
Bruce's posts on facebook :p

What will you bring to the ALTTABME community? (Chatty? Skilled? Funny? Helping?)
I'm a very chatty person, once I get to know the people I talk to, otherwise a bit shy.
I help friends out anyway I can and can hardly live with myself if miss an occasion to help. As I said before, I enjoy a good laugh but I have a hard time finding crude, perverse and/or insulting sayings funny.

I am good at most things I do in a game, and I can learn new things surprisingly quickly. I also am very good at vulgarizing things so people that are new to a subject can understand quick. Teaching how things work is one of my passions. I'm still new to GW2 so I can hardly teach, but I'm planning to change that very soon :)

Will Arcanix be the only guild you join?
Yes, except if the guild decides that everyone should join another ;)

Is there anything else you would like to throw in here at the end?
As a side note, I live in Montréal, Québec, Canada. My main language is French but I am bilingual. Also, I have no problem dealing (and laughing) with jokes about all that !

The more I read and hear about the game, the more I want to play, and seeing the way you guys are excited about it makes me feel like I can't be wrong about this.

Also, want to thank people on the chat here that helped me out in learning basics about the game.

I love it when he talks to me in French. I just get giddy. Caroline gets giddy as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom