What's new

MOBA Learning Smite

Baldoraxx

Internalizing Master Of Casual
images
It looks like we will be having a Smite Tournament Bi-weekly now (Thanks Sheeld) :)

I know we have some new players who want to play but are a little intimidated by the big bad wolfs in Smite Tournament right now. So i want to help make some guides and point you in the right direction into getting used to and becoming a good player in Smite.

First off, the game is FREE. I like free and am pretty sure you all like free to. So i recommend just downloading the game and let it sit there for the occasional play if anything. I'm not trying to say you need to play this 7 days a week and it be your one game to go to.

Off the bat you will only be able to play the gods that are rotated in for the week unless you pay for the Ultimate God Pack (Worth every penny) It is currently $29.99 and unlocks all the gods now and in the future. So far there are more than 50 gods so there is a wide range to choose from.

We separate them into different classes such as Mage, Warrior, Assassin, Guardian etc. The best thing i could say is play some practice matches against the bots. That is going to be the best way to get used to the controls and abilities without getting steam rolled by the other players.

Once you get used to the movements and abilities try out Arena. It's a 5v5 free for all. (once you pick your god, you might want to turn off auto level and auto buy, you usually want to pick the stuff yourself) This is a really good starter area for you low level, not much need for co-ordinating. Just go in and kill the enemies. Once you get a little better, queue up for a 3v3 joust or maybe even a random Assault match. I would hold off on a conquest matches until you are around lvl 15 and comfortable with your gods and knowledge since there is a lot going on in those matches.

Another good way to stay up on the game is to watch the twitch channels. Smite pro and Smitegame are usually at the top. I would recommend SmiteGame because they will play and explain what they did and why they did it. Why they bought that specific item, why they decided to go and gank the other teams lane and so on.

JOUST
maxresdefault.jpg

ASSAULT
468px-Assault_map.jpg

ARENA
468px-Arena_night.jpg
CONQUEST
smite2.jpg

I am always up for some Smite games and am willing to teach. I know a few other don't mind as well. If you have anymore questions or want to know something just drop it down below.

I think you need a few more "updated" screenshots. Those screens are from beta!

As for a guide, I think it might help to break out what each class is good at and what their responsibilities will be for the different game types. For instance in Conquest you will play a mage one way but in Arena you might play it different. If you want we can get together and write some class guides.

I think you need a few more "updated" screenshots. Those screens are from beta!

As for a guide, I think it might help to break out what each class is good at and what their responsibilities will be for the different game types. For instance in Conquest you will play a mage one way but in Arena you might play it different. If you want we can get together and write some class guides.

shhhhhh Google images weren't nice.

Yeah we can do that. That would be great if we could put out a good guide. I need to start reading up then.

Top Bottom