What's new

Life wisdoms

Euchale

Crazy German Guy
Hi all,
this is a thread where you can share life wisdoms from either you or your family/friends. This is not for those celebrity quotes, but I´ll allow it, if you have a good story for it.
Here are 2 of my principles I live by:
"No matter what life throws at you, you are equipped with everything you need to solve it" - my parents
This is my mantra. No matter what the situation is, I assess it and try to find the best solution.
"There are no bad people, there are only people with bad ideas" - me, probably
This is how I look at everyone. Really puts the actions people around you do in perspective. And even though some people are working really hard to fight this (I´m looking at you ISIS), I still do not believe that if they would live in a different situation, they wouldn´t have joined ISIS.

"There are no bad people, there are only people with bad ideas" - me, probably

Extremely well put, it's pretty amazing what decent people with do with a few stupid words.

My version of the same idea is:
"Never underestimate the power of stupidity."

Followed by:
"Be very wary of getting too involved with stupid, even when fighting it, as it's extremely contagious."

Does a Rick and Morty quote count? I have some Nihilistic tendencies and this quote is wonderful - "Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's going to die. Come watch TV"

Something I tend to do when I'm stressing out about stupid shit, is imagine for a moment I am seeing myself from a camera floating above my head. I slowly begin to move that camera away until I'm seeing the whole earth. Then I continue to move away until I can barely even see the planet anymore. This reminds me how small we are, and that everyone is quietly plugging away in their own little world that we may never see, their problems are the only problems as far as they are concerned, but in the grand scheme we are all so tiny and insignificant that we can't let small shit bog us down. A little perspective goes a long way, and I think it's important we humble ourselves.

That might sound pessimistic to some, but I find comfort in it.

Any quote counts, as long as there is a life story to go with it :)

Completely agree, and honestly Rick & Morty quotes may even count double. Love that show!
Also giving points for Venture brothers quotes with a proper life story behind them :)

Top Bottom