What's new

Wildstar @Malpractice

LaNCeRs

Doctor Dave Malpractice,

I did this very quickly based off my general understanding of those patch notes. I did them for every damage dealing AMP change, but I would imagine the one that you are most concerned about is Meltdown.

The analysis is as such assuming that you have 3,000 AP currently (just picked a random number for comparison standards, but it should work with any value).

AwPQce5.jpg

So what does this mean? I would say that your new equivalent AP would need to sit right around 4,400 for the DPS output to be the same, when weighting all three AMPS together. I'm sure I could figure out a basic weighting, but there are a bunch of variables that I would need to imply, which isn't easy to do.

Keep in mind that you are also getting a fabricated AP increase of .11 for every 1 point on your main stat as well as an additional 4.4 AP per mile stone, so the number isn't is as big as you think by the naked eye.

Also, someone feel free to check my math, since I did this all in about two minutes and didn't double check my work.

So useless amps remain likely still useless depending on where postbpatch AP ends up.

My friend used to work at an IT helpdesk company called Nerds on Call, I still yell that at him every time he does something nerdy.

Odd. This isn't what I was expecting. I'm not sure if that's because I'm so out of touch with the math or if I didn't ask my question correctly. I was actually more curious about the healing values of amps like Reboot than the actual damage ones since those usually aren't taken anyway. What is surprising, even if I asked my question incorrectly or not, is that they came out to different values for each thing you tested. I figured they'd be shooting for the same number for all of them.

Lemme try and get my thought process down here. I wasn't asking how much AP I would need post patch to get the values out of those AMPS I have pre patch. I was asking... Tell me if this doesn't make any sense and I just can't into math but like... With their new approach of having some flat per level scaling in addition to a smaller %AP/SP number, as opposed to the current of just a large %AP/SP, there should be a number of AP/SP at which the old version of the amp does the same as the new.

Top Bottom