What's new

Mikrotik Router - Powerful/Reliable

What Router do you user?

• Total voters

Twistedatoms

I'm a System and Network Administrator so I get to test a lot of equipment. I just thought I would do a post on a good reliable router. nothing is worse than having to reboot your router in the middle of 40 man Hogger Raid.

I am a huge user of Mikrotik routers. They have almost any option a router would need and almost never have to be rebooted. I won't lie they are a bit more complex than some of your basic Netgear or Linksys routers, but with added complexity comes more power :) . You can be as basic or as complex as you wish.

Below is a good router made by mikrotik. this is a non wireless router. There is many models with mikrotik some that include wireless in the 2.4 and the 5.0 GHz Ranges. Mikrotik is also well known for allowing you to build your own solutions with the hardware they provide. But for gaming i don't really suggest wireless so I posted a non-wireless version.

http://www.balticnetworks.com/mikro...minum-desktop-enclosure-and-power-supply.html

Apple and never looked back. The range and reliability is amazing. I had lynksys my whole life and knew them backward and forward. Had no trouble making teh switch.

I used a Netgear for a looong ass time. Now, I don't even know what I have. Fairpoint installed it, I logged onto it, and haven't looked at it again since November. It runs and runs well, so don't really care what it is lol

I had to go and buy a new router when my old one didn't have a WAN port for my new fibre connection, so with bugger-all choice in a 'rural' Australian city I ended up with a Netgear one. It does the job and rarely needs rebooting. It was the only one in store that even had a CNET review.

Also another really good option is just putting a new firmware on your router. This will go on a lot of routers like buffalo, asus, and linksys. just a nice open source linux flavored firmware that can really beef up the router and make is more reliable.
http://www.dd-wrt.com

Top Bottom