What's new

Missing reply box and server timing out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keleynal

Jesus Freak
Over the last few days, I've been running into an issue where sometimes the reply box (the message box you use to post a response to a thread, not the Reply button found on each post) is missing the spot where I can actually type into it. Sometimes reloading the page fixes it, and sometimes I go back out the forum, back to the thread and it's there correctly.

Also, I've been getting "Server timed out" messages when posting in threads and status updates. It doesn't post what I clicked, so I click it again and it posts correctly with no doubling.

This has been using Chrome on my home PC running WIndows 7, as well as my iPad with iOS 6.

Over the last few days, I've been running into an issue where sometimes the reply box (the message box you use to post a response to a thread, not the Reply button found on each post) is missing the spot where I can actually type into it. Sometimes reloading the page fixes it, and sometimes I go back out the forum, back to the thread and it's there correctly.

Also, I've been getting "Server timed out" messages when posting in threads and status updates. It doesn't post what I clicked, so I click it again and it posts correctly with no doubling.

This has been using Chrome on my home PC running WIndows 7, as well as my iPad with iOS 6.

If you leave the website open for too long without refreshing the Server Time out will happen. It closes your user session so not to overload server load.

As for the Reply box not showing up, that is a Xenforo Core issue. Waiting for them to update it so I can apply the fix.

Good lookin out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom