What's new

Most Expensive TV on Amazon

Passage

Polychromatic
I just did a search on Amazon to see what the most expensive TV they sold is. I found this:

ScreenShot2015-01-14at40732PM.png

Samsung UN105S9 Curved 105-Inch 4K Ultra HD 120Hz 3D Smart LED TV
$119,999.99 (free delivery)

I'm loving the Q&A and comments...

By Eric J. Smith on October 15, 2014
I was able to purchase this amazing television with an FHA loan (30 year fixed-rate w/ 4.25% APR) and only 3.5% down. This is, hands down, the best decision I've ever made. And the box it came in is incredibly roomy too, which is a huge bonus, because I live in it now.

Q: Does the curvature of the TV match my field of vision? I don't want to be able to see my wife or children.
A: Trust me mate, as soon as the missus sees the receipt you won't be seeing her or the kids again...

Back in my day when i sold tvs, it cost 60k for a 60 inch pioneer plasma tv and that was about as big as you could find anywhere. The price comparitvely isnt that big of a suprise to me.

I feel bad for the sucker that buys this because in a few years the price will be significantly less. Look at Dainjres comment. 60k for a 60 inch. 60 inch goes for about $1-3k

I feel bad for the sucker that buys this because in a few years the price will be significantly less. Look at Dainjres comment. 60k for a 60 inch. 60 inch goes for about $1-3k
Pioneers were absolutely the top of the line though, one if the first TVs with 1080p AND 4 HDMI inputs actually on the TV. Back then that many HDMI was a huge luxury. That was 10 years ago and i guarantee all the ones i sold will work for another 10.

Its not as easy as you think to blow all the windfall profits and bailout money from making bad home loans. A guy can only have so many cars, yachts and mansions right?
That one comment about the loan to buy the TV is triple ironic in that way.

Top Bottom