What's new

My seething hatred for Comcast

Nadrik

So I've recently moved into a new place in downtown Baltimore, and I absolutely love it. Less than a mile walk to Mt. Vernon, which is a nice safe (not that my area isn't) neighborhood with a ton of cool restaurants and bars. And almost exactly a mile walk to Camden Yard (Orioles) and M&T Bank Stadium (Ravens). And I'm located directly across the street from a small park that is surrounded by churches and a seminary. It's a perfect spot.

Except for one thing. Comcast. Unfortunately they are my only choice for high speed internet. Now that wouldn't be so bad, except for the fact that I was supposed to have service almost 3 weeks ago, and yet I still have nothing. No TV, no internet. Nothing.

Here's a short timeline of what I've gone through so far.

Apr 1 - Pick up keys to the new place
Apr 2-6 - Slowly move all of my belongings to the new place
Apr 7 - Attempt self installation of digital TV and internet, failed. Called and scheduled a technician to install.
Apr 9 - Technician comes out and says there is no active line to the house. Not only that, but there is no active line to any surrounding houses either. Everyone has satellite. Says he will contact supervisor to have new line run, and I will hear back from them the next day.

Apr 10 - No call.
Apr 11 - No call.
Apr 12 - I call Comcast support to see what the fuck is going on. They say the maintenance request that was open had been closed and marked as completed. I inform them that it most certainly had not. They say they'll have someone come out and fix the issue by Sunday, the 14th.

Apr 13 - No call, no show
Apr 14 - No call, no show.
Apr 15 - I call again to see why they don't want my business. I honestly forget all the details of the week of the 15-19th, because it was nothing but bullshit apologies and them promising to contact me and then failing to do so. If I remember correctly I had another appointment for someone to come out that Thursday, and nobody showed up.

Apr 19 - I call that day at work, furious, and demand to know just what in the hell is going on. They give me another bullshit apology. Talk to "supervisor" on the phone, she assures me that she is taking "ownership" of my issues and will call me back within the hour with a solution. 2 hours go by, no call. I call back, receive another bullshit apology, get transferred to sales, salesman sets up another technician to come out on the 22nd.

Apr 22 - Same exact thing happens as the first time a tech came out. He can't complete the install because there is no active line. No fucking shit, I told them that when I made the arrangements. He takes pictures, says a crew with a bucket truck will be by the next day from 12-2PM to install the new line. "FINALLY!" I think.

Apr 23 - No call, no show. I call and tell the person I speak to that if I don't have full service by the end of the week, I'll be canceling my service and not paying them a god damn cent. He supposedly sets up an appointment for a full crew to come out on the 25th to run a new line. I'll believe it when I see it.

Apr 25 - Here I sit, typing this post, lacking any confidence whatsoever that a Comcast crew will actually show up today when I go home to meet them. Why should they? They've failed at literally every single thing that they've said they would do. Everything. Not once have they even gotten close to following through on what they've said.

This has been the single most frustrating company that I've ever had to deal with. And being former military, I moved around a good bit, so I've dealt with installs a bunch of times. The thing that really gets me is that this new line wouldn't just be for me. As I said up top, nobody around me has Comcast. If they run this new line, they could attempt to convert customers. But Comcast is so fucking inept that they either fail to see this, or they just don't care.

The saddest part about all this is that if I'm forced to go with satellite, my online gaming days are basically over. We'll see what happens at the appointment today. Hopefully I'll be able to update this rant from home, but I doubt it.

Comcast is horrible, unfortunately Verizon is being extremely slow in laying the groundwork for FiOs up here. It is in some areas but not mine atm. As soon as it is, Comcast can go straight to hell.

Failcast is ridiculously bad. I don't even have the strength to list the horrible things they've done to me. What makes it almost worse, is that at my first apartment I had Cablevision: they showed up the day after I called them (15 minutes early) installed everything in 20 minutes, and for a year I had high speed internet without a single hitch. I miss that so much.

I feel your pain Nadrik... I hope this gets sorted out for you soon.

come on man that hurt! I used to work for Comcast Customer service!!!... and yeah it sucked. I feel for ya.

Well as expected they didn't send what I asked, a bucket truck. And they couldn't complete the install, again. So I've now canceled with Comcast and have an install scheduled Saturday with DISH. Guess I'll see what DSL is like these days for gaming. Sigh.

Wow. I'm sorry man. I lived 4 months without a stable connection to anything, but I knew that was ending. I'd hate to be "forever locked" into unstableness....

Exactly, just got a bill from TWC... $175 when my service should be $72. Def calling them up today and bitching them out

Time Warner Cable has been absolutely horrible to my girlfriend. The internet would cut out frequently and often, sometimes going dead for days at a time. Doesn't matter who they sent, they couldn't fix the problem. After months, they replaced some simple component or other and gave her an insultingly small voucher that paled in comparison to the amount of service she paid for but didn't get.

Hopefully we'll be able to find a place that uses Grande soon. They're local to the Austin area, and they're much faster, cheaper, and more reliable than any national telecom.

Top Bottom