What's new

Need advice on a mouse!

Breasticles

We have talked computers.... we have talked Head sets and Keyboards..... But my mouse has gone to poop! It has been the best mouse I have ever owned and now..... the damn scroll in the middle is crappy and not working right.... I am on a budget and I dont care for a mouse that has a million buttons... any Suggestions?

^ would also like to know some suggestions for on a budget also. Ive got a normal logitech mouse with 3 buttons lol. sooo.. anything would be better then this..

Yea I have the standard HP mouse as back up but I am really holding out cause I think its shitty and dont wnat to use it....

I love the Razer mouse brand myself for extreme precision in FPS games. But in Gw2? Get $15 generic laser mouse that has at least 1000dpi sensitivity. That's what I use with my laptop.

Razer Death Adder is what I'm using now and I've been extremely impressed with it. Only $39.
51qthZ5rc6L._AA1035_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Razer-Deathadder-Infrared-Gaming-RZ01-00151400-R3/dp/B002Q4U5DK

However, I'm probably going to upgrade to this for GW2:

41RdQr-mEeL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Gaming-Mouse-G700/dp/B003VAM32E

I would second Nahku's recommendation of the razer death adder for a gaming mouse. My last one lasted a year and a half of me abusing it before it started to do an odd double click thing. That is the longest any mouse has lasted me.

For those with a bit more budget... I have to say that the razer naga is the best thing to happen to mmo gaming. The twelve buttons on the side are set to my powers of 1-10 in GW2 and I set the number keys on my keyboard to switching out my elements on my ele. It makes it so much easier because I never have to stretch to get the higher numbers, they are all there next to my thumb.

I can't stand those multi-button mice. I use keyboard remaps and shortcuts instead. I haven't used optical mouse technology in years, but I understand there's been some big improvements and Deathadder is a good choice. I prefer good ol' lazer tech though...

This is what I was rockin for the past 3+ years..... Best mouse I have ever had. -brucecry- Totally sad that it went bad!
41NecJtRs8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Actually I think I finally found one I like that is all 3..... Cheap, good, and wireless.... LOL It's got great reviews on multiple sites so we will see.... Now to just wait till I have a paycheck I can spend LOL.
26-623-054-02.jpg
It's also got the 5 buttons... I didnt really think too much about a multi button mouse but /shrug..... if it work it works right.

Razer Death Adder is what I'm using now and I've been extremely impressed with it. Only $39.
51qthZ5rc6L._AA1035_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Razer-Deathadder-Infrared-Gaming-RZ01-00151400-R3/dp/B002Q4U5DK

However, I'm probably going to upgrade to this for GW2:

41RdQr-mEeL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Gaming-Mouse-G700/dp/B003VAM32E

I highly recommend the Logitech G700. It's got extra buttons for us MMO lovers, but isn't as clumsy as the Naga, which I found awkward to use. I bought mine a week ago and absolutely love it. It's a bit expensive, but definitely worth the price of admission.

Yeah, that's why I like it. Good reviews on the wireless response, and it's got just enough buttons. The naga side "button patch" just seems too clumsy.

Been my baby for the past 5(?) years? I have 2 of them >.> They both need the feet replaced but hands down, I love having it. Very solid mouse... extremely heavy.I've had a hard time finding a good replacement, nothing else is quite as nice...

Logitech MX-1000

mx1000.jpeg

Xanros, that G700 has buttons behind the scroll wheel, do you play with three fingers on top of the mouse? How else would they be easy to hit?

That Death Adder one looks PERFECT. I was looking at the Naga mice and thought they were kinda overkill with 9 effin buttons and stuff. I just want a button for dodging on my mouse that isn't scroll wheel, which is what I was using, maybe another for something else, like my burst ability or something. Can't beat 40 bucks, either. Might get me one of those.

Xanros, that G700 has buttons behind the scroll wheel, do you play with three fingers on top of the mouse? How else would they be easy to hit?

Only one of those is actually a programmable button. The button closest to the wheel is a physical switch that changes how the wheel scrolls, the second changes your mouse profile. Neither of which are likely to see much use in-game, but I have no problem reaching them with my index finger without shifting my hand too much.

I suppose "clumsy" was poor word choice on my part. I have nothing against Razer (my last mouse was a Lachesis that lasted several years) nor the Naga; I just had a hard time making use of the 12 side buttons with my large fingers. Alternatively the four side buttons and the three next to my index finger on the G700 make it easy and convenient for me to use. Plus with my other keybinds and shift/ctrl modifiers, I have more buttons than I could ever hope to use in GW2. It all comes down to personal preference.

Top Bottom