What's new

New Star Wars trailer

1. Holy shit. Harrison Ford.
  2. @1:07. Is that dude wearing jeans/plain clothes?
    • I hope this isn't a dude-gets-taken-to-another-realm movie
    • If that's the main character, I'm really liking that it's a minority.
  3. Is the VO Luke? The character doesn't sound old enough?

I'm pretty sure it's just the audio from Return of the Jedi when he tells Leia that she's his sister.

I would love to see a shot of John Boyega doing something other than sweating and panting. I assume he's having panic attacks because he's an unaware Force-sensitive who keeps finding himself in the middle of areas where a lot of people are dying, but still, let me see him smile or something.

And now EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I personally love that they are using the classic style sound effects for everything. There would be a huge uproar if they didn't though. I mean, TIE engines, lightsabers, blaster cannons, these are all sounds that anyone who has seen the movies could pick out even if there was no video.

I haven't seen anything about it yet. I've just seen the 2 trailers that are more tease than anything, as well as listened to Kevin Smith's impressions when he was allowed to visit the set (he introduced JJ Abrams to Mark Hamill and JJ owed him a favor) and what he was able to reveal that was outside of the NDA he had to sign.

In case you're interested in Kevin Smith talking about the set, stormtroopers, the falcon, etc... Starts about 1hr 19 min in.

I'm beginning to wonder if the whole point of the series is to see who can stay the hell off a shitty desert planet on the edge of the galaxy.

Did you go to Tatooine?
err... yeah?

Ok, more than once?
mayyyyyyyyybe...

You are the weakest link. Goodbye.

Man I still feel it. That magic that was there with the original trilogy, its hard not to get hyped!

K2LS5CJ.gif

I must admit I'm getting excited.
Those first three movies really were something. (in order of release -first three)
I mean just compare the teaser trailers:

But I also feel like a failure.
I need to go knock some chick up because I was born the year Star Wars started, it would have made sense to have the continuation of the family line this year.
Alas, I am fail.

The reel from comic-con is up on youtube. It has definitely got some interesting stuff in it. My work prevents me from reposting it here though.

Am I weird for having no feelings for this either way? I've never been a star wars or Star Trek intense fan. I'm more of a lord of the rings guy.

Am I weird for having no feelings for this either way? I've never been a star wars or Star Trek intense fan. I'm more of a lord of the rings guy.

People tend to fall into a Star Wars or Star Trek camp. Kinda like Beetles vs Elvis.

Top Bottom