What's new

Nobody communicates at my job

Brigga

So I'm a Lead here at The Walking Company warehouse. Most of the time I walk around in the racks and make sure that my team is staying busy and productive. Once in a while the suits decide they want to move some stuff around. Mostly stuff like pallets of files or furniture and hardware we hardly send out to open new stores. I'm the one they task this stuff to because, not to sound cocky, I'm the best equipment driver in the place.

Last week I was given a list of things they wanted done by my immediate boss. Was given the list Tue. and was told the deadline to get it completed was Fri. I was done on Thursday. Friday I had to go into warehouse manager's office, that being my bosses boss, to update him on what was done. He goes "I thought you were going to be done today." I told him I moved and consolidated everything that I was ask to. Then he starts listing off other things that he wanted done within my time frame, and acts like the large amount of work I did get done by myself wasn't shit.

Now I feel like I moved things that they really didn't want moved and didn't move things that they wanted move, but I'm suppose to know what they were thinking and what they meant even if they didn't say it exactly. You know what this isn't my warehouse so no i'm not going to move things and throw things away that I think are worthless or that we don't need anymore because chances are you'll come up and say why the hell did you do that.

Well got that off my chest maybe the rest of my day won't be so bad.

That's the worst man, I've had that experience before too. What, you don't innately know everything I want all the time?! Ridiculous!

My dad would say something similar to this, "well, with them having you move that shit back and forth every week at least you'll have a job to come back to." Not that that is any consolation.

Job security is one way to look at it. Just gets old after a while. My thought process is why move it from this rack to another just to have it in a different location. Why not make better use of the time you're paying me for.

I get that. My job is an ultra repetitive, boring, do almost nothing job... but if it doesn't get done then elections for happen so at least I have some sort of sense of accomplishment. At a warehouse (I almost brain farted and spelt it werehouse... could you imagine turning into a house during the full moon?) you probably can't get the same kind of feels. My heart goes out to you.

Yes, a promotion would defiantly be good, especially in that situation. On the other hand that is really stupid. A little communication goes along way.

Top Bottom