What's new

New Feature Organization

tr1age

Administrator
Staff member
So with the forums expanding day by day the layout we had awhile ago with some tweaks seems to fit it better. Please let it sit for a few days to get accustomed to it and hit me with some feedback on ease of use. It does look pretty :p

Just a couple things

Some of the "Side by Side" forums aren't aligned because of how text on one is long and the other is short. Just an OCD issue, otherwise looks great!

I'm OCD'ing on that, too, but this layout feels better to me. It's easier for me to skim through the larger cells than it was with the lined list.

Also, what do you guys think about a possible reordering of the categories?

1. AltTabMe Fundraisers
    • priority due to expense coverage; temp category; targets all members and guests.
  2. Play with the Community
    • Read Me and New Apps should be easy to find for those unfamiliar with the site.
  3. General Discussion
    • I'm torn between this and "All the Games" for #3. I want to say that ATG is more of a draw for new people, but I feel like General Discussion is the meat of the forum. ATG would prioritize interest for new people - GD would allow existing members to scroll less?
  4. All the Games
    • Or swap this with General Discussion from this list.
  5. Rants
  6. Private TAB Member Forums
  7. Website Related
  8. News, Video and Podcasts
    • There's even a CTA to Subscribe on YouTube at the end here. Always good to end with a CTA. Plus, if a new user is visiting and goes into TL;DR mode, ending the forum list with some media might entice them to click in.

Just a thought. Many of you have been here much longer than I have and know the stats better.

I'm OCD'ing on that, too, but this layout feels better to me. It's easier for me to skim through the larger cells than it was with the lined list.

Also, what do you guys think about a possible reordering of the categories?

1. AltTabMe Fundraisers
    • priority due to expense coverage; temp category; targets all members and guests.
  2. Play with the Community
    • Read Me and New Apps should be easy to find for those unfamiliar with the site.
  3. General Discussion
    • I'm torn between this and "All the Games" for #3. I want to say that ATG is more of a draw for new people, but I feel like General Discussion is the meat of the forum. ATG would prioritize interest for new people - GD would allow existing members to scroll less?
  4. All the Games
    • Or swap this with General Discussion from this list.
  5. Rants
  6. Private TAB Member Forums
  7. Website Related
  8. News, Video and Podcasts
    • There's even a CTA to Subscribe on YouTube at the end here. Always good to end with a CTA. Plus, if a new user is visiting and goes into TL;DR mode, ending the forum list with some media might entice them to click in.

Just a thought. Many of you have been here much longer than I have and know the stats better.

This is AWESOME. I am going to edit some of these immediately.

Thank you for the well laid out feedback![DOUBLEPOST=1426188505,1426188171][/DOUBLEPOST]This is what I came up with with your suggestions:

Fundraisers up top
Play with the community 2
Private forum 3 because onyl tab members can see it and it will get lost at the bottom.
General Discussion 4 because it really is the meat and potatoes
All the Games 5
Hold Nothing back 6
News front page shit 7
Website related because this is the bug and suggestion forums last.[DOUBLEPOST=1426188561][/DOUBLEPOST]
Just a couple things

Some of the "Side by Side" forums aren't aligned because of how text on one is long and the other is short. Just an OCD issue, otherwise looks great!

can you send me a screenshot because on mine everything is aligned.

I love the look. One thing I kinda always wanted was that all the sub forums for each individual game in the "all the games" branch to have their own box on the forum page. Right now to find the subforum for each game you have to click on a forum that is kind of a "general games" forum branch in its own right.

While we are on the topic of updating the page, I wanted to bring this to your attention.

The members tab (between What's New? and Events) up on the top does not take me to any page. It only gives me this message:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 24809349 bytes) in /usr/www/alttabme/public/forum/library/Tapatalk/EventListener/Hook.php on line 42

While we are on the topic of updating the page, I wanted to bring this to your attention.

The members tab (between What's New? and Events) up on the top does not take me to any page. It only gives me this message:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 24809349 bytes) in /usr/www/alttabme/public/forum/library/Tapatalk/EventListener/Hook.php on line 42

This I am not sure how to fix yet. It is a tapatalk issue. Fucking tapatalk.[DOUBLEPOST=1426207928,1426207906][/DOUBLEPOST]
I love the look. One thing I kinda always wanted was that all the sub forums for each individual game in the "all the games" branch to have their own box on the forum page. Right now to find the subforum for each game you have to click on a forum that is kind of a "general games" forum branch in its own right.

There is now a dropdown arrow for subforums attached to each forum with subforums! WOOO!

As always thanks for being the wizard behind the curtain, who does't just kick the kid, furries and tin man away when they speak up or ask for help.

There is now a drop-down arrow for subforums attached to each forum with subforums! WOOO!
I like that a lot. I just would never have found it if you didn't just say. Any way you could make it more prominent? like move it to the left in front of the title of the forum. Like between the red/grey dot for if forum has new posts and the forum title?

I like that a lot. I just would never have found it if you didn't just say. Any way you could make it more prominent? like move it to the left in front of the title of the forum. Like between the red/grey dot for if forum has new posts and the forum title?

If you tell me how sure :) haha. For now I have made the color of the word subforum YELLOW :)

Look, I don't know how to do stuff. I tell you what I want and it magically appears.

I like the bright yellow subforum tag. Makes it easy to find and I like that it pulls up the dropdown menu when you hover over the word. It may even be better the way it is now than what I suggested.

First of all, the new layout is sooo much better. Love it.
Is it intentional that bars for links are longer than others? Triggers my Monk senses.

webseite_zpsmkfegsnw.jpg

Also if there is any cleanup (like deleting empty accounts that haven´t posted for over a year) that needs to be done, hit me up.

First of all, the new layout is sooo much better. Love it.
Is it intentional that bars for links are longer than others? Triggers my Monk senses.

webseite_zpsmkfegsnw.jpg

Also if there is any cleanup (like deleting empty accounts that haven´t posted for over a year) that needs to be done, hit me up.

Fixed, I limited the width min on the boxes to keep them from looking like the above. The links are always supposed to be full length.

View attachment 632

As for cleanup, that is a rough one. I would have to run it through the DB versus the software and that is a scary process that I am not comfortable doing.

Fixed[DOUBLEPOST=1426244217,1426244197][/DOUBLEPOST]Thank you all for the extremely helpful feedback!

Top Bottom