What's new

PC carrying harness

Euchale

Crazy German Guy
Does anybody have experience with stitching stuff together? I would like to build the following:
A harness made out of fastening belt (durability) that I can put on the top of my body. At the back I would fix a piece of wood where I can place my PC on top. At the front I want 2 spaces where I can fit one monitor each. On the left and right side I want to fix one bag each, where I can put cables, mouse, keyboard, whatever inside.
As you can see, this thing will become pretty heavy, so is it possible to build this? Or will it not be sturdy enough to carry all this?

At the front I want 2 spaces where I can fit one monitor each.

optimus_prime_bust_by_makotoono-d6mc8vf.jpg

Finally somebody being helpful! This is pretty much what I am looking for, now I just need to figure out a decent solution for my screens.

The back/tower portion of the harness should be pretty easy. I think the bags on the sides would be pretty annoying, though. How about adding a second tier to back unit to hold the peripherals? Stacked on top, like a hikers backpack.

//edit, just saw triage's posts. Disregard. It might be possible to affix both of these to that body harness you were talking about.

The back/tower portion of the harness should be pretty easy. I think the bags on the sides would be pretty annoying, though. How about adding a second tier to back unit to hold the peripherals? Stacked on top, like a hikers backpack.

I´m wearing a heavy vest and I could just strap what Tr1age posted to it. Adding an additional bag shouldn´t be a problem.

Does anybody have experience with stitching stuff together? I would like to build the following:
A harness made out of fastening belt (durability) that I can put on the top of my body. At the back I would fix a piece of wood where I can place my PC on top. At the front I want 2 spaces where I can fit one monitor each. On the left and right side I want to fix one bag each, where I can put cables, mouse, keyboard, whatever inside.
As you can see, this thing will become pretty heavy, so is it possible to build this? Or will it not be sturdy enough to carry all this?

I'm 90% sure nothing will be turned on when you wear this.
Triple interesting if it is, but want to be sure I have it right. Just supporting the weight as well as possible.
Right?

I'm 90% sure nothing will be turned on when you wear this.
Triple interesting if it is, but want to be sure I have it right. Just supporting the weight as well as possible.
Right?
That is correct. But looking at what Tr1age posted, I could just make myself a Belt, that is additonally fixed at my shoulder and hang the bags into it.

Top Bottom