What's new

GW2 PC Upgrades

ToxicAsF

Over Analystical Extreme Gambler
Alright, people have been posting lately about how they want to upgrade their computers in order to play GW2 better before release. I'm just curious what people are getting in order to optimize performance. I'll be honest, I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to PC Hardware. I've actually been thinking about what I could do to make my PC better. With my new job, I'm realizing it won't be much longer before cash will start to be more easily accessible. So I was hoping, would some of you more PC Savvy people be able to help me out? I'll list out my current specs and see what you guys think.

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8500 @ 3.16GHz
GeForce GTS 250
8 gigs of ram
750 GB HD, but don't really need more than that.

I just kinda trusted a friend and bought his computer for pretty cheap and just looking to make some hardware tweaks. Any suggestions?

Video card
Possibly go with a SSD harddrive
Then CPU maybe

What kind of ram?

I'll be honest, no idea what kinda ram. How do I check >_> Wasn't kidding about being ignorant about my PC. Also, any suggestions on a graphics card? Or should I just google what the current models are.

680 is the high end model right now. If money is no issue that is the card to have.

660 bucks tho huh? Heh, maybe I was a little too fast to say money wasn't a big issue. I guess I'd be good with the previous model. I assume that's the 670? And I see that the 690 was released for a grand... Guess I was jumping in head first without checking the waters first.

Top Bottom